2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
Love my Baja
By goatspeed on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I went to the Subaru dealership intending to buy an Imprezza WRX. The wife convinced me to try a Baja that day too, and I went with the Baja. What a great ride! It is stable, grips corners, and hauls the lawn clippings to the compost. Yeah, I can't think of anything I really dislike about this vehicle. It gives you the features of a pickup. I make 28mpg on long trips. It snowed last week, and the thing is a TANK in the snow. Couldn't be happier.

Nicks Baja
By Nickb on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent traction on wet roads. Can't wait to test in Winter. Could use more power. But once moving feels spirited when need to passing.

best "car" so far!!
By zpsbob on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Needed to replace one of our company vehicles.. needed pickup function and ability to handle 4 real adults. This little guy does it all!! Not many choices in this category... Avalanche is too big/expensive/gas hog... Explorer Sport Trac is ugly as sin, thirsy also, plus didn't care for the ride. This vehicle is loaded as standard eq: power windows, locks, cruise ,tilt, air, CD, sunroof, etc. I opted for the Sprot because I didn't want the standard leather seats (personal preference) and the cloth seats are excellent on long trips!! Look hard and find one with monotone paint... they're out there...

my "baru"
By angiono on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car has plenty of pep the yellow looks wild at first but the color grows on you, only thing missing is heated seats.

Nice
By wfb on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, this is a wonderful vehicle. My daughter can't determine if it's a car or a truck, so it became the "car/truck". This is the second Subaru we've owned and the difference between the two is amazing. They have made a lot of improvements in handling and interior sound (the Baja is a lot more quiet than our 5 year old Outback).

Most versatile vehicle I have driven
By kalins1 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Sure it won't haul 2 tons of top soil, but considering most truck owners only use their full beds 10 percent of the time (can't remember where that research came from), the Baja has plenty of hauling capacity. Plus, if you throw a hitch on it, you can haul a trailer and basically double the capacity. Did I mention that our Baja has been getting 26 mpg!!!

My Double Duty Vehicle-2003 Subaru Baja
By bruce nole on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Living in a mtn.desert, the Baja proved to be just the right combo vehicle I needed for daily use with the added utility of the versatile extendable bed. With the opt. bed extender & bike rack, this vehicle has proven to be the one I drive everywhere. Complements from strangers started day 1. Mileage with regular fuel at mid to upper 20's was a pleasant surprise. A clutch replacement at nearly 18,000 mi should have been changed the first month. The hepa air filter is very efficient. Backseat passengers are amazed by the comfort. Pellagrino bottles in any of the cup holders is a 1st. So much better then a Truck.

First Subaru
By Nick Senanes on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Other car is a 99 Corvette and I'd rather drive the Baja.

The Out-Brat is fun!
By Joe Miya on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After wrecking my 1999 Ranger, the Baja was on my radar, but not the major focus. After driving one, I was hooked. The Baja was a fun little car to drive. After some thought, the trade- off of a smaller cargo capacity for much better fuel mileage was worth it. The Baja gets 5-7mpg more than the 4x4 compact trucks I was looking at. Even on the Sport trim, there is a long list of standard features. Seats are comfortable enough and there is decent headroom even with the moon roof. Could use a bit more in the way of power under the hood, but the Boxer-4 is more than enough for everyday driving.

My Baja
By KathyK on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car/truck. Fun and reliable.