Used 2003 Subaru Baja Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Reviews

2003 Subaru Baja

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

My Mom Loves my car
By Donna

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Mom and Dad says it is the best riding truck. Everyone is suprised the first time they ride in it. Itdoesn't ride like a truck at all and the gas mileage is great. People are always asking what kind of vehicle it is. It is the perfect vehicle for someone like me that needs a truck sometimes and a car at other times.

Favorite Features

Sporty look, roomy interior, just the way it makes heads turn.

Suggested Improvements

More power and a way to keep the door pings from marring the silver. I just hate it when people do not pay attention and ping my car!

Fun car, turns heads
By Thomas

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For a young single homeowner living in Minnesota, there isn't a better car in the world! It turns heads, it hauls lumber home and most furniture, and it seats four confortably. Rear passengers will complain about leg room. All wheel drive makes the car a lot of fun to drive on dry pavement, and easy to handle on ice and snow. Everything inthe truck feels solid - the doors, the tailgate, interior parts. However, I docked my truck a few points for reliability because I am having problems with clutch judder. Would like more power but with a stick it's acceptable.

Favorite Features

Styling - I love getting complimented on my truck!

Suggested Improvements

Extra power points inside, H-6 engine, Optional tonneau cover should be made easier to remove - fixed rear deck of toneau cover cuts into already limited hauling space. Shudder-free clutch. Sport lights should be made to fold down without the use of tools.

whatever
By import NO-WAY

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Best multi-purpose vehicle out there. Wife and kids love the open bed. Car comfort and truly a road hugging machine. Sporty and nimble

Favorite Features

All Wheel Drive is true to it word. Fuel economy excellent.

Suggested Improvements

H-6 for a little more power.

Swiss Army Knife of vehicles
By D J Smith

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Baja for about 5 months, so far it has been perfect, no problems at all. I have the non-Turbo four cylinder which I am very happy with. The gas mileage is better than I expected, acceleration is fine. The best feature of the Baja is it's versatility. True, it doesn't have a full-size pick-up bed but with the extender I haven't missed that. I really like the fact that I can move my kids home from college, have the bed packed full, and still have room for 4 people. Intially I didn't like the two-tone color scheme (red and silver) but now that I have had it for awhile I love it.

Favorite Features

The ride, the handling, the seats, all- wheel drive system, flexible pick-up bed.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat should seat three, instead of two people. Initally I was unhappy that Subaru didn't offer a locking bed cover but now they offer two: a fiberglass version and a padded vinyl version. I recently purchased the padded vinyl version, it seems fine.

My favorite car so far!
By G. Martin

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Baja has been very reliable so far. I have put many miles on it in my first year of owning it, due greatly to how fun it is to drive. It gets good gas mileage. So far the only thing I wasn't able to haul in it were sheets of 4x8 plywood. This vehicle was exactly what I wanted, the functionality of a truck with the feel of a car.

Favorite Features

I love the standard features that came with my Baja. The sunroof, the fog lights, AWD, CD player, bigger tire size, and Baja floor mats, all added to the overall sporty feel of it. I also like the fact the back seat folds down to give more cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

The window controls need to be illuminated for night driving.