2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Review: First Impressions - Great!

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Review

Limited 5-Passenger 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Beige Int.)

First Impressions - Great!
By Jerry Connell on

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

One month & 1800 miles after purchase, I am happy with my first SUV. After 2 Legacies in 17 years I had no doubts about Subaru quality. Our lifestyle now said more room so I test drove other brands to see what whistles and bells were out there. It compares very well in that regard. The tight turn radius is a pleasant surprise. The acceleration is there when needed. The ride is a little bit stiffer than our other car (Avalon). I'm getting 21+ MPG in mixed city and freeway driving on regular gas. The instrument panel and controls are easy to get used to. The seats are comfortable. I feel like I'm in a cockpit.

Instant MPG average read-out teaches you how not to waste gas. Remote start is great in these cold Colorado mornings. Puddle lights are a neat touch. The fog light, day running light, headlight combination is great.

The back-up warning system could be more discerning. The faceplate covering the computer read out is difficult to keep clean. It attracts dust and lint like crazy.