2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Tribeca B9 is an excellent choice
By Amin on 07/06/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before I bought this car I read lots of negative things about exterior design in on-line reviews. Honestly, I believe its high tech exterior looks much better than the 2008 model and is totally different from other SUVs. I love it. Interior is amazing and built of excellent material. Driving is smooth as luxury sedan, compare to many other SUVs such as Murano that gives you the impression of driving a truck rather than a car. Car is stable and powerful. Like other SUVs, It is not good on gas. I enjoy driving it very much so far and everybody loves it. I couldn’t find people who hate the design yet and I am still looking for!

Spiderman, Spiderman
By rioria on 01/23/08 13:56 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2003 Legacy Outback Limited for the Tribeca as soon as it came off the production line. It is so much fun to drive. It is also my very first automatic! I wasn't sure I would like an automatic, so I decided to lease it. Well, here it is almost three years later, and I am still smitten. I was so disappointed when they changed the front in the 2008 model. That is what made it so unique. And, that is why I will most likely purchase this at lease end. I am going to check out the new Forester, and then make my final decision. I am looking for a car to own for the next 10 years. Every time we have to climb a steep hill in the snow, we sing the Spiderman theme.

A little slow, a little ugly, but safe
By Dmitry on 07/15/07 02:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I suppose I could talk about how slow the car feels, the so-so ride quality, the hard seats, and the subpar audio system (although it does read MP3 discs); but that's been said. I'd like to talk about how this car saved my life. While driving in the winter in Minnesota, doing about 55 mph, the road suddenly changed from plowed to about 9 inches of snow. As the car begins to slide out of control, I give it full left but the steering is unresponsive, as are the brakes. As I'm about to hit a parked car doing 55, I remember than in an AWD vehicle you must gently apply gas to recover. Voila. AWD saved me from what would have been a horrendous accident. Slow? Who cares.

Boat on wheels
By nina on 04/13/07 06:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not as fun to drive as the manual shift Outback. Slow to get going from a stop and noisy engine rev makes it seem like an effort for the car to get going. Compared to my 11 year old Outback which has zippy pick-up with only four cylinders, this six cylinder car has the perfomance of a dinosaur. Nice interior styling though, but everything is electronic, including odometer. Gas hog.

Great !
By Mike on 04/12/07 20:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Subaru. We got this vehicle because of ist outstanding safety ratings. Only 6k miles so far it's been all good. The front end (exterior) is different, but it grows on you quickly. The interior is just great. Rear seats are on sliders like front seats, it makes for plenty of room even taller people. The AWD and vehicle stability control features make it sure footed in the northern winters. I'd recommend this vehicle to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.