Used 2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru B9-tribeca - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Most Helpful|
A little slow, a little ugly, but safe
By Dmitry

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I suppose I could talk about how slow the car feels, the so-so ride quality, the hard seats, and the subpar audio system (although it does read MP3 discs); but that's been said. I'd like to talk about how this car saved my life. While driving in the winter in Minnesota, doing about 55 mph, the road suddenly changed from plowed to about 9 inches of snow. As the car begins to slide out of control, I give it full left but the steering is unresponsive, as are the brakes. As I'm about to hit a parked car doing 55, I remember than in an AWD vehicle you must gently apply gas to recover. Voila. AWD saved me from what would have been a horrendous accident. Slow? Who cares.

Favorite Features

TRACTION. And not just tires, but the AWD system, the viscous couplings, the ABS, and everything else that makes this vehicle so perfect for treacherous Minnesota winters. The A/C is very powerful and cold, even when it's 95+ degrees outside. Highway cruising (75+) is comfortable and predictable.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy. For its sluggish 3.0L boxer six, I would expect it to do better than 18 mpg average and 22 mpg pure highway. Sport mode is a gimmick; just more aggressive shift points. Ride is a bit tight, but not bumpy. And please get rid of those goofy climate control dials.

Tribeca B9 is an excellent choice
By Amin

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before I bought this car I read lots of negative things about exterior design in on-line reviews. Honestly, I believe its high tech exterior looks much better than the 2008 model and is totally different from other SUVs. I love it. Interior is amazing and built of excellent material. Driving is smooth as luxury sedan, compare to many other SUVs such as Murano that gives you the impression of driving a truck rather than a car. Car is stable and powerful. Like other SUVs, It is not good on gas. I enjoy driving it very much so far and everybody loves it. I couldn’t find people who hate the design yet and I am still looking for!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design is excellent. Even the basic model has many features that you may see in limited edition of competitions.

Spiderman, Spiderman
By rioria

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2003 Legacy Outback Limited for the Tribeca as soon as it came off the production line. It is so much fun to drive. It is also my very first automatic! I wasn't sure I would like an automatic, so I decided to lease it. Well, here it is almost three years later, and I am still smitten. I was so disappointed when they changed the front in the 2008 model. That is what made it so unique. And, that is why I will most likely purchase this at lease end. I am going to check out the new Forester, and then make my final decision. I am looking for a car to own for the next 10 years. Every time we have to climb a steep hill in the snow, we sing the Spiderman theme.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, puddle lights, 19" wheels, rockin' sound system!

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility out the back window. I'm 5' and it gets a little hard to see sometimes.

Great !
By Mike

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Subaru. We got this vehicle because of ist outstanding safety ratings. Only 6k miles so far it's been all good. The front end (exterior) is different, but it grows on you quickly. The interior is just great. Rear seats are on sliders like front seats, it makes for plenty of room even taller people. The AWD and vehicle stability control features make it sure footed in the northern winters. I'd recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Favorite Features

Safety, all wheel drive, interior.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful engine, I think they are addressing this in 2008. Only 300 miles per tank full around town, could use a larger fuel tank.

Boat on wheels
By nina

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not as fun to drive as the manual shift Outback. Slow to get going from a stop and noisy engine rev makes it seem like an effort for the car to get going. Compared to my 11 year old Outback which has zippy pick-up with only four cylinders, this six cylinder car has the perfomance of a dinosaur. Nice interior styling though, but everything is electronic, including odometer. Gas hog.

Favorite Features

Volume control of audio system on steering wheel and tight turning radius

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, higher performance engine, rear back up camera or better visibility through rear window.