2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
3 years now PROBLEMS
By michelle3971 on 05/13/14 07:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I brought this car 3 years ago it's a 2007 it's 7 years old the check engine light came on so i called the dealership and took it right over and the told me that the right front axel had a crack and that the mass air flow sensor was bad and the K N G filter i had in my car had trapped oil and it damaged the sensor so long story short we paid $1253 to have the work done and 2 days later again the same thing and now they claim that the sensor may be bad so i drop it off and today they said the engine is running lean and they have to figure out why but when the claimed to have fixed it the y never mentioned the engine running lean smh talk about ripping off customers . navigation system went to

NIGHTMARE of a Car
By gldylox on 07/27/12 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 62K miles which is low for a subaru. Let me preface this saying I have owned 2 subuaru's before. I have owned this car less than a year and have the following issues... The car loses power when driving randomly. It stalls, lurches, and loses power. It has been in the dealership for 7 weeks off and on to solve this problem. Well at first they couldn't find anything wrong. Four check engine lights later and 5 visits to the dealership, 2 oxygen sensors, 1 catalytic converter and an oil leak later the car is still not fixed. This really has become a safety issue as the problem happens once the car has been driven over 100 miles. Won't buy a subaru again

Do not buy this car!
By JohnCA on 08/10/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, this is my experience: We bought our 2007 Tribeca new from the dealer in 2007 - since then? Well it consumes more than a quart of oil a month. Also, for the second time since we've owned it it needed the timing chain serviced (first was under warranty, thank God). This time I had done the oil change in May, in July it was down 4 quarts! Amazing, and this time there was no factory warranty to back it up. Do yourself a favor and get something else.

Disappointed
By Scott on 12/22/09 16:28 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car with 12,000 miles on it. It doesn't have as much power as other cars on the market, transmission shift terrible. Nav system isn't that great, poor graphics.

Best car I have ever had
By Maddog on 09/14/09 22:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We got this car with 580000 miles on it. We have had three other subies and loved them all. Our son loves it and calls it the spaceship car (he is five years old ); we travel often and love this car. We had a chevy uplander before and it was JUNK and not four wheel drive. I highly recommend this car to anyone and know a lot of people that have them and love them.

Follow-up review...still satisfied!
By TAS on 06/08/09 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's been a year since I wrote a review on my B7 Tribeca. It now has roughly 21,000 miles and I'm still very glad I purchased it. My wife loved driving it in the snow this past winter. Only minor complaints are 1. I have to stay on top of the service mgr at the dealership when it's in...which fortunately isn't often, and 2. rusty brake calipers.

Aceleration
By Bill Bates on 05/12/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The editors review indicated less than good acceleration for the B9 Tribeca and I must say I disagree strongly. My B9 has great acceleration entering and on the highway. It will jump out from under you if you require it. Super highway car.

Tribeca B9 is an excellent choice
By Amin on 07/06/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before I bought this car I read lots of negative things about exterior design in on-line reviews. Honestly, I believe its high tech exterior looks much better than the 2008 model and is totally different from other SUVs. I love it. Interior is amazing and built of excellent material. Driving is smooth as luxury sedan, compare to many other SUVs such as Murano that gives you the impression of driving a truck rather than a car. Car is stable and powerful. Like other SUVs, It is not good on gas. I enjoy driving it very much so far and everybody loves it. I couldn’t find people who hate the design yet and I am still looking for!

A diamond in the rough
By TAS on 06/07/08 06:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a late model Nissan and bought a year-old Tribeca with 9,000 miles on it. This vehicle is a "diamond in the rough". An unbelievable value for what I got. The Limited trim line with the mesh grille and big chrome wheels really set this vehicle apart from the rest of the pack. Overall fit and finish is sexy and superb. Excellent handling and responsive boxer 6 cyl engine give a sense of confidence. This is the first Subaru I have owned, but have family members who've owned several Outbacks and a Legacy GT and I can see why they rave about this often over- looked brand! I wonder what Subaru's service dept is like -- hopefully better than Nissan's!

Smooth Operator
By Luvoursubby on 04/28/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely luv to drive our Tribeca. Have taken on two long trips and will not give up the wheel. Visually styling is distinct and pleasing. Interior cockpit feels young and vibrant. Exterior side and rear view especially is downright cool. No issues thus far in 16K miles except Nav system freeze up, but replaced immediatly. Mechanically sound as Lexus or Acura.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.