Used 2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

NEVER BUYING A SUBARU AGAIN
By Abadir Mohmoud

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car back in 2008 with roughly 38k miles on it and i didn't see a problem until my warranty ended when I hit 100,000 miles. The check engine light came on and the engine was running really rough, so I did what anyone would do and took it to the dealership. They said they couldn't diagnose a problem until i had paid them $1,200. So I did, and then they said that my engine was busted and gave me an option to either pay and ADDITIONAL $12,000 for a new engine or simply buy a new car. I took my allegedly "busted" car to a local auto shop where they repaired it for even less than the $1,200 I primarily paid. NEVER BUYING FROM SUBARU AGAIN. THEY'RE CROOKS.

122,000 miles and people think my car is new
By Barb

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever owned -- I would keep it forever if I could. It look as good today as it did 8 years ago when I bought it -- the look is current and the paint job is incredible.

Bought with 179000 miles!
By Justin

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this with high miles. Yes it needed some maintenance. As do all high mileage cars. Fixed a few things and it runs amazing. So quick and nimble in traffic yet you can go anywhere with the Subaru AWD system. 3rd row is perfect for the tight situations and the interior is ahead of its time. Everything looks bland compared to this car. Flat six runs for ever if you take care of it.

3 years now PROBLEMS
By michelle3971

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I brought this car 3 years ago it's a 2007 it's 7 years old the check engine light came on so i called the dealership and took it right over and the told me that the right front axel had a crack and that the mass air flow sensor was bad and the K N G filter i had in my car had trapped oil and it damaged the sensor so long story short we paid $1253 to have the work done and 2 days later again the same thing and now they claim that the sensor may be bad so i drop it off and today they said the engine is running lean and they have to figure out why but when the claimed to have fixed it the y never mentioned the engine running lean smh talk about ripping off customers . navigation system went to

nothing

Get it together Suburu it's terrible

NIGHTMARE of a Car
By gldylox

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 62K miles which is low for a subaru. Let me preface this saying I have owned 2 subuaru's before. I have owned this car less than a year and have the following issues... The car loses power when driving randomly. It stalls, lurches, and loses power. It has been in the dealership for 7 weeks off and on to solve this problem. Well at first they couldn't find anything wrong. Four check engine lights later and 5 visits to the dealership, 2 oxygen sensors, 1 catalytic converter and an oil leak later the car is still not fixed. This really has become a safety issue as the problem happens once the car has been driven over 100 miles. Won't buy a subaru again

• SUV