2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Review: The most unknown SUV & is the

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Review

Limited 5-Passenger 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Gray Int.)

The most unknown SUV & is the Best
By asraghu on

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Driving experience is top class, the handling is so different from Murano & RAV4 that I almost decided not to take a serious look at this unknown candidate in my list. I saw a great value in the AWD system after reviewing all available documentation around on Subaru's AWD vs, Audi's AWD,; finally I decided that this is a very special SUV under the hood. The interiors were better than Murano and to some extent RX330. There are few problems with this SUV like the power lock switch does not light up, parking brake has issues etc. but just ignore all these for what you get under the hood & the handling. Once the engine warms up it's almost silent there after. Acceleration is moderate/average.

Favorite Features

Everything I needed as standard. The price was good. Driving experience is like driving a Honda Accord.

Suggested Improvements

A lot can be suggested like rear hatch gate redesign, rear view camera as standard, some tuning of suspension for comfort (I feel its rather stiff now), reduce weight by around 300lbs, better fuel mileage.