SUV With Personality!
By Robert Brody on
2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
Complements from everyone on the looks of this car! The B9 is a great looking SUV to my eyes. Itís both modern and retro all at once. It's far better looking than the still unattractive WRX or clunky Forester; cars that my eye never really adapted to. Good power and handling. Awesome interior and comfort. Nothing but silky smoothness. I read one owner complaining about gear hunting, but my car exhibits none of that. Switching to manual mode is done on the fly and shifts are both smooth and useful. This is nicer than any SUV under 40K. There are some compromises, but the B9 has most of it right. I'm very impressed thus far.
Favorite Features
Offbeat styling, incredible interior, great climate control system, quiet ride, seamless transmission, very nice audio in the limited, lots of little details that all add up to a well thought out product from Subaru again.
Suggested Improvements
Yes, the rear 7 seat option is a joke. The radio controls on the wheel are too easy to hit when you make a turn. The cargo cover in the back is nothing more than a flap of cloth with hooks. Rearward visibility fair at best. The middle row of seats offers only acceptable legroom.