Subaru Rocks
By Paul Browne on
2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have owned this car for about four months now. This is my second Subaru. It's a great car, handles as good or better than many sports cars I have owned, is fairly quiet on the road, and yes, it can get good gas mileage (you have to drive gently). Commuting to and from work I get 20 to 22 mpg, with mostly highway driving. At high speed on the Interstates (75+) I get 19-21 mpg. The manual shift feature I use a lot when I'm driving in the mountains (NM), it saves the transmission from countless up and down shifts. The other vehicle I considered buying was a Cadillac SRX 7 pass. One test drive told me the B9 Tribeca was the best buy.
Favorite Features
Space - Need the 7 seats at times. Handling - I love the way it goes around corners, no body roll. Quietness - wind noise is not obtrusive. Body Integrity - It's a Subaru! Rides like a much larger vehicle on the road.
Suggested Improvements
More horsepower! Where I drive (4000+ ft of elevation above sea level), horsepower counts! 250 horses is nice, but 300 would be better. Navigation system could be much better. One DVD (vs 2) for the whole country, and provide altitude information as part of the features.