2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Nav and Gray Int. Consumer Review - I love it more every

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Review

I love it more every day!
By Karen in AZ on

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a major upgrade from my previous vehicles ('05 Outback, '99 Forester, '92 Legacy). I looked at various other mid-sized SUVs, including the more expensive luxury makes, but this was an easy choice. The legroom, ride comfort, seat height, quietness, rear AC fan/vents, acceleration, and low entry/exit are the main reasons I bought this vehicle. After owning it for over 4 months, and 8400 miles, I can honestly say I love it! I have taken it on everything from extended interstate miles to various back roads and forest services roads, and it has performed beyond my expectations. If it proves as reliable as the other Subies I've owned, I'll be keeping this one for a very long time!

Favorite Features

Its looks are getting me lots of double takes. People are constantly staring or running up to me to ask questions about it. It rides like a luxury sedan and it's just plain fun to drive. Manual tranny mode very helpful in climbing long hills.

Suggested Improvements

MPG in town can be less than expected (more like 16-17) but with time and a lighter foot, you can improve this. Rear window is too small and restricts view when in reverse. No iPod/MP3 connection without the expensive DVD option.