2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Passenger SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Sort Reviews by

Repeat Subaru owner
By Cal Ramage

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The driving experience has been excellent. Turning rate is a lot better than my previous Lexus LX 300. The little extras like lights in the cup holders, step lights, 4wd for confidence in slick conditions, adequate hp and seat arrangement to accommodate hauling things in the back are nice. Our dealership bends over backwards to make sure you come back to them with great service and free washes anytime.

Favorite Features

Above.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage.

Car Performance
By Carl Tordonato

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The engine is very sluggish, with slight acceleration of the gas pedal the engine hesitates then the transmission shifts down as if the engine loses power. I am very disappointed with the performance.

Favorite Features

I like the style, the Navigation and everything with the dashboard and the general comfort of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestions I have are a larger engine and a better transmission design so it doesn't shift often. The car is nice overall. Its a shame the power train is poorly engineered.

Beautiful Car!
By cdubois1@

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a genuine winner. It's my 10th Subaru and easily the best.

Favorite Features

Design. Handling. Comfort. Features.

Suggested Improvements

There are two blind spots. Front right and when changing lanes to the right hand side. The shaded windows in the back make it tough to see cars when you want to change lanes in that direction.

beautiful car
By apkjczb

I bought this car because I needed a car that has 7 passenger seating but I hate those big trucks with 7 seats, so this was the perfect match for me, I loved the interior design, and the leg room it has since I am a tall guy (6.2) the few things I am missing in the car is the Bluetooth, and rear backup sensor which is important for this car since it has a tiny rear window so itís a large blind spot.

Favorite Features

Leg room it has, and the interior design.

Suggested Improvements

That we can't change anything on the navigation system while driving, missing rear backup sensor, and missing Bluetooth,

Best car Ever
By bob barich

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are journalists and work from home offices. She suggested looking at the Tribeca in the hope it would get me out of the house more often. Previously we averaged 5500 miles per year; now 9000. I guess it worked! We have owned everything from a Dino to a Q45; nothing garners more attention than the B9; which is especially amazing in a car-jaded town like West Los Angeles. Handling and breaking is on a par with a sports sedan and fit and finish is first rate--more than several rungs above its price point. Absolutely wonderful!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, all-around performance, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Increase size of gas tank, well powered but what vehicle couldn't use an extra 30 horsepower and 50 lbs more torque?

WAY TO GO SUBARU
By Shopper

Safety, comfort, reliability and it looks good too! It moves out performance wise. The nav system is a very helpful feature and sometimes funny with its voice out of nowhere and bing bings. Backing up takes practice due to narrow limited vision in rear. No vehicle is perfect but this one comes close for me.

Favorite Features

Nav system. Took it on a 700 mile trip the first weekend. Features easy to learn, mileage was near sticker rating and it was just fun to drive. The comfort on a long trip was important to me, I was extremely pleased.

Suggested Improvements

Better sight line for backing up, auto headlights, backup warning system (beeping when near another object). Memory for seat settings and hands free phone connection.

Buy It - Lease It - GET IT TODAY
By douglasdubois

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Tribeca Saturday. Monday drove it to FL, phenomenal, my 4th Subaru, somewhat biased? Maybe, but have Audi's as well. I leased no money down, taxes rolled in etc. and pay $498.00. Now this does include some excess from my previous VDC which I owned but still owed on! I have the 15,000 miles allowance and a $20,995 buyout. I cannot recommend this car enough. I also test drove everything comparable; the only other serious contenders for me: the hybrid twins from Toyota; the Lexus was too much and the Highlander just not visually exciting. On I-95, it tracked true, it's quick enough and 21 mpg! Nav and MP3 are standouts; how did i live without these before? NO disappointments here - recommended.

Favorite Features

Nav, MP3 & sound quality, sportshift tranny, auto sunroof. 74 cubes of luggage. 7 passenger option, decent MPG, quick enough, excellent ride, quality of materials and finish very high standard ... very Lexus like and best of all price. Subaru handling, all wheel drive, traction & not everyone has one.

Suggested Improvements

Of course more power, why not? Better gas, bring back the McIntosh stereo option - the best stereo I ever heard in a car under $40G. That's it for now. 1700 miles 4 days, NY to FL, 21 mpg, zero issues & just like my last 4 Subarus, I expect, to change oil/gas, tires and the belts. RELIABLE

The most unknown SUV & is the Best
By asraghu

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Driving experience is top class, the handling is so different from Murano & RAV4 that I almost decided not to take a serious look at this unknown candidate in my list. I saw a great value in the AWD system after reviewing all available documentation around on Subaru's AWD vs, Audi's AWD,; finally I decided that this is a very special SUV under the hood. The interiors were better than Murano and to some extent RX330. There are few problems with this SUV like the power lock switch does not light up, parking brake has issues etc. but just ignore all these for what you get under the hood & the handling. Once the engine warms up it's almost silent there after. Acceleration is moderate/average.

Favorite Features

Everything I needed as standard. The price was good. Driving experience is like driving a Honda Accord.

Suggested Improvements

A lot can be suggested like rear hatch gate redesign, rear view camera as standard, some tuning of suspension for comfort (I feel its rather stiff now), reduce weight by around 300lbs, better fuel mileage.

My Tribeca -- a good choice!
By P. Clarke

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it! Whether zipping around town or settling down for a road trip it is fun to drive. It has great response to the gas pedal and the steering wheel. Have been on a trip from Cincinnati to Lawton OK and another to Savannah GA and enjoyed the Tribeca on the road as much as in the city.

Favorite Features

The sound system is awesome and the nav system is really nice to have on a trip to a new destination.

Suggested Improvements

The only problem I have had is the low tire pressure indicator keeps flickering on and off.

Love the Tribeca
By Nancy Jo

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am thrilled with my Tribeca. The interior and exterior are well designed. It doesn't look like every other SUV on the road. It handles well and has good power.

Favorite Features

Puddle lights. The first night I had the vehicle I came out of a store at night and hit the door lock. My entire vehicle illuminated--kind of like those Cars.com commercials with the choir.