Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

hazardous headlights
By aok

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice look and ride in daylight. Very dangerous low beam headlights. We had it checked out and service said that's the normal operating characteristic. Can't see 10 feet in front going down a hill at night. Flawed design-needs safety recall. Another Tribeca owner said it's like a horizon line right across your vision. It's a notched line, pitch dark on top. Need to drive with high beams on-creates another safety issue for oncoming cars. Poor, hazardous headlight design. Service has heard it lots-why don't more bring it up?

Exterior look. DVD for kids. NAV system.

Recall dangerous headlights-fix serious safety issue.

Wonderful Crossover
By Barnes

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love it. Takes curves with very little lean. The unit is extremely quiet. Subaru compares the Tribeca to the Lexus and Infiniti SUV but stopped short of including XM radio, Bluetooth, and Memory Seats. But the ride and handling of this vehicle make up for the missing items. I would buy it again.

AWD, Stereo, Seating Comfort, Ride, Handles like a car.

Bluetooth, Sat. Radio, Memory Seats.

great vehicle! Subaru heritage SUV style
By chemgirl9

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it to drive from TX to NH with a 100lb dog and a cat - no problems, all were comfortable. Use the DVD all the time for 2 hour trips to see relatives nearby. We were the first ones in to the dealer with 30K checkup - we drive a LOT! Handles NH snow/ice excellently and always feels solid. Easily carries 5 adults, 7 for short trips (the rear seat is small, but okay). Quiet interior (as good or better than others I drove, including VW, Lexus, BMW, etc.) and good Subaru value (put $ where it counts, not on wood paneling!). Everything is still solid and we are @~40K. Tires are still doing well. Puddle lights are great - I had no idea how useful they would be!

Versatility of middle seat positioning, puddle lights, comfortable seats, quiet and smooth ride, solid feel on every surface (ice, snow, rain, gravel). Heated seats, mirrors, and wipers a plus. DVD system with wireless headphones for kids. Easy to load and unload.

Control DVD from front. More power, especially for mountain driving. Heater capability in back seat (it only blows COLD air?). More consistent AC temperature (like other Subies I have owned, varies from freezing to warm at same temp level) and varying fan/zone controls for front passenger.

Love my Tribeca!
By Jerri

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car, recently put the AWD to test. The car handled very nice on the slick snow covered roads. I felt very secure and safe driving it.

Comfortable, love the heated seats, roomy, handles excellent. A luxury car at an affordable price.

Miles per gallon, not what I expected, was told 18 in town, average is only 12.6mpg. Only complaint I have and one I can live with, the car is an awesome excellent car.

Great comfortable ride.
By Frank

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this for a couple of months now. Been up the mountain a couple of times, in three big snow storms and still on the icy roads every day. It all handle very well. Gas mileage in the city is not that great, but you can't complain about a 25mpg average from a ski trip, can you? For more power, you definitely need to know the clutchless gear shift option. It's easy and fun too. What more can I say?

The auto + manual option, the looks and comfortableness.

A little bigger glove box, a little bit torque, and a little better visibility in the rear.