2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Repeat Subaru owner
By Cal Ramage on 04/08/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The driving experience has been excellent. Turning rate is a lot better than my previous Lexus LX 300. The little extras like lights in the cup holders, step lights, 4wd for confidence in slick conditions, adequate hp and seat arrangement to accommodate hauling things in the back are nice. Our dealership bends over backwards to make sure you come back to them with great service and free washes anytime.

Car Performance
By Carl Tordonato on 03/27/06 13:56 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The engine is very sluggish, with slight acceleration of the gas pedal the engine hesitates then the transmission shifts down as if the engine loses power. I am very disappointed with the performance.

Beautiful Car!
By cdubois1@ on 03/25/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a genuine winner. It's my 10th Subaru and easily the best.

beautiful car
By apkjczb on 03/22/06 08:14 AM (PST)

I bought this car because I needed a car that has 7 passenger seating but I hate those big trucks with 7 seats, so this was the perfect match for me, I loved the interior design, and the leg room it has since I am a tall guy (6.2) the few things I am missing in the car is the Bluetooth, and rear backup sensor which is important for this car since it has a tiny rear window so itÂ’s a large blind spot.

Best car Ever
By bob barich on 03/20/06 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are journalists and work from home offices. She suggested looking at the Tribeca in the hope it would get me out of the house more often. Previously we averaged 5500 miles per year; now 9000. I guess it worked! We have owned everything from a Dino to a Q45; nothing garners more attention than the B9; which is especially amazing in a car-jaded town like West Los Angeles. Handling and breaking is on a par with a sports sedan and fit and finish is first rate--more than several rungs above its price point. Absolutely wonderful!

WAY TO GO SUBARU
By Shopper on 03/17/06 07:04 AM (PST)

Safety, comfort, reliability and it looks good too! It moves out performance wise. The nav system is a very helpful feature and sometimes funny with its voice out of nowhere and bing bings. Backing up takes practice due to narrow limited vision in rear. No vehicle is perfect but this one comes close for me.

Buy It - Lease It - GET IT TODAY
By douglasdubois on 03/16/06 10:55 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Tribeca Saturday. Monday drove it to FL, phenomenal, my 4th Subaru, somewhat biased? Maybe, but have Audi's as well. I leased no money down, taxes rolled in etc. and pay $498.00. Now this does include some excess from my previous VDC which I owned but still owed on! I have the 15,000 miles allowance and a $20,995 buyout. I cannot recommend this car enough. I also test drove everything comparable; the only other serious contenders for me: the hybrid twins from Toyota; the Lexus was too much and the Highlander just not visually exciting. On I-95, it tracked true, it's quick enough and 21 mpg! Nav and MP3 are standouts; how did i live without these before? NO disappointments here - recommended.

The most unknown SUV & is the Best
By asraghu on 03/15/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Driving experience is top class, the handling is so different from Murano & RAV4 that I almost decided not to take a serious look at this unknown candidate in my list. I saw a great value in the AWD system after reviewing all available documentation around on Subaru's AWD vs, Audi's AWD,; finally I decided that this is a very special SUV under the hood. The interiors were better than Murano and to some extent RX330. There are few problems with this SUV like the power lock switch does not light up, parking brake has issues etc. but just ignore all these for what you get under the hood & the handling. Once the engine warms up it's almost silent there after. Acceleration is moderate/average.

My Tribeca -- a good choice!
By P. Clarke on 03/05/06 05:52 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it! Whether zipping around town or settling down for a road trip it is fun to drive. It has great response to the gas pedal and the steering wheel. Have been on a trip from Cincinnati to Lawton OK and another to Savannah GA and enjoyed the Tribeca on the road as much as in the city.

Love the Tribeca
By Nancy Jo on 02/28/06 09:34 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am thrilled with my Tribeca. The interior and exterior are well designed. It doesn't look like every other SUV on the road. It handles well and has good power.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.