Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Great Value -- Subaru!!
By Vancouver, WA

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives very smooth and quiet. Great car for the money that looks good in and out, safe and fun to drive, and good on gas. Good handling and AWD is great in slippery/snowy roads. I drive about 40% city and 60% highway so I get very good gas mileage (average is 20-21) and on all of my highway trips I got 23-24 mpg. So the EPA is accurate for the highway for me. But again I drive very smoothly and try not to drive hard for no reason.

3rd row (50/50 split), fun to drive, good handling (corners nicely with a little lean), sporty and good on gas. Comfortable quiet ride. Nice Subaru.

Memory seats (already updated in 2007). I've noticed that the low beam lights are not very good in hills, not a major issue. Another improvement would be good on 3rd row seat: more positions for the seat-back and head rest. Another position for seat-back would allow more cargo space in trunk.

Great car
By Sergei

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 12 months, 12K miles with my B9. Great car. This winter in Colorado was bad and I enjoyed driving. The car did very well on the snow and ice roads with manual shifting. I made a trip to Seattle (almost 3K miles, avg. speed about 75-80) plus there is my every day commute from home to work in Denver. The average mileage is 21 per gallon.

Manual shifting, brakes, heated outside mirrors, size of tires.

Rear A/C, 6 disk CD and full size spare tire should be standard for all models.

B9 Review
By RMB

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives really well. The AWD is really stable and the car handles excellent for an SUV. Car is comfortable, but still communicates a lot of info to the driver. Navigation is very well implemented and the stereo is top quality.

I like the 6 disc in-dash MP3 with the steering controls.

Engine may need a little more torque only in certain situations, like climbing hills, otherwise there is plenty of power from the 6 cylinder.

Fun to drive, premium gas a problem
By Deep

After driving a 1990 Legacy, I switched to 2006 Tribeca. Now that I think of it, I have both Subies in their 1st year of mfg. It is fun to drive. So far driven 6000 miles. Pretty comfortable in long drive. Although not suitable for off-road driving, it is very nice ride on rough roads. Took it on a 500 mile drive recently. Only concern is its use of premium gas and also the pick up of the engine. It takes some time and the engine revs up with a lot of noise. But they are changing it in 08 models with a better engine.

Definitely the looks, both interior and exterior. Alas, they are changing it in 08 model. The current space-ship look impressed me.

As I said before, a more powerful engine and use of regular gas to save money.

Not Bad
By sbddmd1

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice wagon, 250hp. I put a K&G air filter on it, which made it get up and go a little faster. Very spacious interior, my wife like driving the B9 more than her own SUV.

Headlights provided great visibility and distance. Comfortable ride with its 18" rims, decent sound system.

On the hood around the grill, and in the trunk interior - it appears these two areas are magnets for scratches.