Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd.
By Tribeca B9

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

With only 6,000 miles on my 2006, I just had to take the car in for a complete/total re-paint! Looked almost like someone had thrown acid ALL over it. I have the champagne pearl opal. Thankfully after 2 months of negotiation, SofA has agreed to pay for a California re-paint. But as I planned to keep this car like I had my old MBZ wagon (200,000+ miles), I fear for the integrity and longevity of a re-paint. Otherwise, have liked it very much. Seems very powerful though a bit too thirsty after the diesel benz!

Head room, leg room, seat size, overall dash configuration. Location of nav screen makes so much sense. Sound controls on steering wheel. Very nice and safer too. Was hit years ago and injured badly by a guy who was fussing with stereo and hit at 40+ mph. Tribeca has some meat to it.

Not what I expected from a Subaru
By Eric

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

30,000 miles replaced struts, sway bar bushing, head pipe cracked and replaced both headlights. The interior has developed rattles all over the place. Just sold it and driving my 14 year old E320 benz until I find something else. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Interior looks real nice and it is comfortable.

Bigger gas tank and a longer warranty. Running out of the warranty is why I stopped driving it. Subarus are more expensive then a Mercedes to maintain and repair.

Great Value -- Subaru!!
By Vancouver, WA

The car drives very smooth and quiet. Great car for the money that looks good in and out, safe and fun to drive, and good on gas. Good handling and AWD is great in slippery/snowy roads. I drive about 40% city and 60% highway so I get very good gas mileage (average is 20-21) and on all of my highway trips I got 23-24 mpg. So the EPA is accurate for the highway for me. But again I drive very smoothly and try not to drive hard for no reason.

3rd row (50/50 split), fun to drive, good handling (corners nicely with a little lean), sporty and good on gas. Comfortable quiet ride. Nice Subaru.

Memory seats (already updated in 2007). I've noticed that the low beam lights are not very good in hills, not a major issue. Another improvement would be good on 3rd row seat: more positions for the seat-back and head rest. Another position for seat-back would allow more cargo space in trunk.

Great car
By Sergei

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 12 months, 12K miles with my B9. Great car. This winter in Colorado was bad and I enjoyed driving. The car did very well on the snow and ice roads with manual shifting. I made a trip to Seattle (almost 3K miles, avg. speed about 75-80) plus there is my every day commute from home to work in Denver. The average mileage is 21 per gallon.

Manual shifting, brakes, heated outside mirrors, size of tires.

Rear A/C, 6 disk CD and full size spare tire should be standard for all models.

B9 Review
By RMB

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives really well. The AWD is really stable and the car handles excellent for an SUV. Car is comfortable, but still communicates a lot of info to the driver. Navigation is very well implemented and the stereo is top quality.

I like the 6 disc in-dash MP3 with the steering controls.

Engine may need a little more torque only in certain situations, like climbing hills, otherwise there is plenty of power from the 6 cylinder.