2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Tribeca B9 is a winner!
By Indiogoa on 07/29/06 20:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We checked out several SUVs in this size class before buying, including the Murano, Highlander, RX300 and Pilot. This SUV outclassed all of them for interior and exterior styling, performance and overall value. We are impressed with the handling and ride of the Tribeca; it is fun to drive and handles tight curves with little or no body lean. Our Tribeca gets about 22MPG highway with four passengers and camping gear, about 17.5MPG around city. It cruises well on the highway. The third row is cramped, fine for very small kids. But for our family of four, the third row serves as a cargo hold. The sound system and DVD are outstanding as our all the extras, heated seats etc. Overall, this is a great SUV.

Brief Review
By Dean on 07/27/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle so far.

my Tribeca
By jb on 07/26/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Really handles well on dirt roads. Has plenty of pick up and go! Love the extra leg room.

Great drive, bad mileage
By Amber on 07/26/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, hate the gas mileage. The nav system is awesome! I love the feel of the drive. Love the payout. It feels safe and I don't find any issues with the acceleration. Lots of room. Easy to load two big doggies in the back. Anyone have ideas on how to improve MPG? I have been using the premium gas.

Beautiful B9 Tribeca
By Robert Brand on 07/24/06 20:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is extremely pleasant to drive as it feels like you are in complete control at all times. It is the most sure-footed car I have ever had. So far most of the driving has been inside the city but the times outside on longer trips I found the navigation system to be very helpful. After driving Cadillacs it took a bit of getting used to a high revving (7000rpm redline) engine. To date absolutely no problems have showed up. I have the five passenger version.

Great crossover
By Luis on 07/24/06 18:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The lease of the Tribeca is one of the best secrets in the market. This vehicle gives you everything you want in a crossover. Great performance and handling, I would just make the engine a bit bigger than the 3.0, everything else is an absolute 10.

Solid performer
By FuzzyJohn on 07/02/06 17:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I live on a dirt road and the B9 Tribeca handles washboarding like a champ, feeling little vibration in the body or steering. On paved roads, the ride is smooth and gives minimal feeling of sway at moderate speeds. The look takes getting used to but it grows on you quickly. I enjoy the fact the controls and readouts are simple and easy to use. The seats are comfortable and I don't feel cramped with the amount of room in the front seat area. The rear leg room leaves something to be desired but the seats are deep and can be adjusted to give adequate room for knees. Overall, I believe it is equal to most luxury cars and a big improvement on every SUV and off-road vehicle I have driven.

B9 Tribeca
By Joanne on 06/16/06 19:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my Tribeca today. Very comfortable car and ride. I was looking at this car for a while, even compared it to Murano, Tribeca has a smoother ride and the seats are more comfy. The inside is very impressive. Beautifully designed. Happy I choose the Tribeca.

Love the B9
By B9er on 06/14/06 18:39 PM (PDT)

Nearly 1000 miles on the Tribeca. Plenty of room for baby car seat and cargo. Everyone loves the interior styling, the Nav is great and easy to use. Everything is laid out intuitively. Comfortable to drive and decent fuel economy for an SUV, ~20- 21mpg mixed. Gas tank is on the small side, which requires more frequent stops at the gas station.

Best SUV Ever
By Joe Lopez on 06/03/06 23:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Tribeca. it's great that its not everywhere. People say "wow thats so beautiful, what is it?" I love it. First Subaru. Forever Subaru.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.