Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

An opinion
By Steve

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed driving this vehicle. Tight construction, firm seats, sport shift is fun to use. To date I've averaged 18.9 miles p/gal overall driving. We had a recent 300 +/- mile highway trip and we got 22.9 mpg. I would prefer better mileage, especially today, but the vehicle has meet my expectations and I'm very pleased with it. This is my first SUV and it is truly easy in, easy out. I had my first winter with this car and it was fantastic in the snow. I would buy another one.

High seats, leather, heated seats, sport shift, good design.

The rear seating has a deeper tinted glass which is great in the sun but at dusk or in the evening when you look back the visibility is poor. I back out slowly.

I love my B-9
By Daycay

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean Edition. I loved the car but my son had a growth spurt and we kind of outgrew it. I approached the dealer and asked to trade for a B-9 because I love Subaru's and was happy with everything about the ownership experience. I am totally pleased with my B-9. At first, I thought it a little sluggish upon accelleration but a K&N permanent air filter cleared up that problem. I have the highest degree of happiness about my B-9 and the overall attitude Subaru has toward it's car owners!

Roominess, comfort, drivability.

The sluggish start cured by a different air filter has been, from what I understand from my dealer, addressed and fixed in the 2008 models

Awesome ride
By Jeff Moss

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is truly a fabulous vehicle. I am a true Subaru customer over the years I have owned a Subaru Brat, Legacy, and now the B9 Tribeca and it truly performs. Not only is it fun to drive, it is well made and very reliable. I would recommend and purchase another but I simply do not want to part with mine.

Great acceleration and braking. Quiet ride very little road noise. Sweet interior lay out. Excellent stereo.

Rear view monitor. Sometimes while backing up I wish I could see direct behind me.

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd.
By Tribeca B9

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

With only 6,000 miles on my 2006, I just had to take the car in for a complete/total re-paint! Looked almost like someone had thrown acid ALL over it. I have the champagne pearl opal. Thankfully after 2 months of negotiation, SofA has agreed to pay for a California re-paint. But as I planned to keep this car like I had my old MBZ wagon (200,000+ miles), I fear for the integrity and longevity of a re-paint. Otherwise, have liked it very much. Seems very powerful though a bit too thirsty after the diesel benz!

Head room, leg room, seat size, overall dash configuration. Location of nav screen makes so much sense. Sound controls on steering wheel. Very nice and safer too. Was hit years ago and injured badly by a guy who was fussing with stereo and hit at 40+ mph. Tribeca has some meat to it.

Not what I expected from a Subaru
By Eric

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

30,000 miles replaced struts, sway bar bushing, head pipe cracked and replaced both headlights. The interior has developed rattles all over the place. Just sold it and driving my 14 year old E320 benz until I find something else. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Interior looks real nice and it is comfortable.

Bigger gas tank and a longer warranty. Running out of the warranty is why I stopped driving it. Subarus are more expensive then a Mercedes to maintain and repair.