2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
A complete Ride?
By dsmyers on 01/13/07 06:07 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This ride met all criteria when we purchased. At least we thought so. It was advertised and listed on the sticker to get 18 city 23 MPG highway. The highest we have seen is 16.9 MPG. Bums me out that I didn't verify this before we purchased. We have to set aside some extra $$ in budget for gas. Also, we can't be the only ones. There is something very different with the low beams. It displays a broken line in front of you. The Subaru factory said that's the way it is. Subaru dealer said we were not first the TB9 owners to make this claim. It is a flaw I tell you. Subaru (everyday is a winding road). A dark winding road can be dangerous one. During the day it is a very sturdy, safe ride.

It's ok---nothing fancy tho!
By Marilyn H on 12/06/06 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The gas mileage is over-estimated, as is the quietness inside. I wonder because I see so few Tribecas around if I should have bought something more common.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
By New Subie Lover on 10/09/06 06:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle. Never had a Subaru before, will always consider one now. Fit and finish are excellent, very tight turning radius, AWD is awesome in rain, can really feel a difference. Navigation is a pleasure to use. Only drawback is when on the highway and ascending up a hill, the transmission can't make up its mind where it wants to be, but is easily remedied with a downshift on the sportshifter...take this for a ride before you buy a Murano, you won't be disappointed. Hope this helps you.

Great in Snow. Fun to Drive
By Tommy K on 09/27/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought mine in January and had 2 snow storms to deal with. It handled the snow better than my previous Mercedes ML350 did or my current Hummer H3. Great handling, safety ratings, comfortable for all. Tiptronic steering lets you accelerate very quickly when needed.

2006 B9 Tribeca
By dwnayl on 09/10/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I searched for mid-size SUV's for two months. I drove the Murano, Highlander, and fell in love with the Tribeca. I got the 7 passenger Limited with the leather seats, gps navigation, and sun roof. The interior is beautiful although I am worried that the chrome fittings will scratch. Drives very smooth and very quiet. I get around 21 mpg in town and 25 on the highway. I have had a lot of positive comments on the Tribeca. I love that the 2nd row of seats can be adjusted. I am 6'4" and I can fit in the back seat. I couldn't be happier with my decision. Plan on getting rear cargo mat and bumper cover. Definitely recommend the Tribeca.

AWD nice - short on details
By Dr. Dave on 08/24/06 20:18 PM (PDT)

We had driven the Lexus RX 330 and Acura RXD and found both superior in ride and quality. However the price on those 2007 models was prohibitive, and Subaru was promoting a nice finance incentive for the 2006 B9s. I thought the B9 was overpriced at $37K, but at $30K with the navigation system, we thought it was fair. It's a beautiful body design and the power train is efficient. Those wide tires will grip anything, especially nice for the wife's winter Michigan drives. Driving it is noisy as it's not as baffled as our Lincoln LS sedan. The sound system sounds a little hollow too, but it is adequate. The ride was bumpy, and we now found out that all 4 tires are out of balance, needing 2 new.

Awesome Crossover SUV
By Dev Dawg 4 Life on 08/22/06 10:46 AM (PDT)

Have been driving SUV for almost 10 years and hit the jack-pot when I bought my Tribeca. Drives like a car with a SUV feel. Took weekend trip to Lake George, NY with 3 adults and 2 kids without a problem. Third row turned into a play area for kids and a extended bed for my 4 year old. I am 6'4 and and have plenty of leg/head room. Bought car for my wife. Like Subaru so much the following week a bought a Legacy GT Turbo wagon. Love both cars.

Nice Car
By Dave on 08/09/06 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Tribeca for almost 1 year. I have really enjoyed driving the car and have had no problems with the car. The only reason to go back to the dealership was for regularly scheduled maintenance.

Luv it so far
By AM on 08/09/06 10:28 AM (PDT)

Only 1800 miles so far and besides the gas mileage, I love the SUV. Have the Nav system and never knew how helpful it would be. Like sitting up high. Like the secure feel of the airbags and cage.

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Review
By Max on 08/07/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first Subaru. Fun ride. Comfortable as it can get. Strong body. Streamlined design. Bad fuel efficiency.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.