Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Timing Chains break - No support from Subaru
By ob108

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This comment is dated, but I was looking for a recall notice. While your story is not a good one, here is one better. Less than 84000 miles on it when the timing chain fails. That cause the cam gear to fail and the dealer says they don't replace timing chains they replace motrs if they fail Scary I thought. I fix it and $2400 lighter it was running again only to find out that the main bearing was damaged and cannot be fixed. That's why the replace motors. You would think that Subaru would stand behind one of their most expensive models. Nope I am on my own. To them I thank them for eduacating me that I will never trust them again.

Nose design and being so unique. The most incredible snow traveller I have ever driven.

Stand behind your product when there is obviously a Catastrophic failure that could not be prevented.

Disappointed in Subaru
By marianne7214

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like my Tribeca overall, however, I am extremely disappointed to find out that I need new bushings (like many other owners with a low mileage car).
This would appear to be something that should be recalled, however, SOA has yet to do so.
Dealer cost to replace bushings is over $1000.
I was also disappointed to find out how hard it is to get/install anything for the car (windshield wipers, replace light bulb).
Windshield wipers aren't available at auto parts stores and light bulb took dealership mechanic over 30 mins to install.

Interior design.

Headlights and bushings.

Good vehicle but poor dealer service
By sewel

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Tribeca has been a great car but factory dealer service was terrible- On my way home from their shop the dashboard lit up like a xmas tree- with only 40k miles it needed some regular service. They reported to me that the electic wire harness was faulty-critters had chewed it and it need to be replaced at more than $1000- was told it was a common occurance on Tribecas???? This one is parked inside athome so wtf- Since that visit the car has had many new problems my advise is to keep away from the Subaru dealer in Plano, TX when times are hard some people go beyond to create more business

Interior design

Improve cabin noise

Stylish 7-seater
By zoomer

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in '05. Reliability has been good, none of the issues reported by others. Performance is fine for an SUV. Third row comes in handy now and then for our small children and others. Weren't many 7 seat options back then (not MDX, Highlander, etc.) and we didn't want the mega SUV or minivan. Overall, happy with the experience.

Unique styling that I find attractive

3rd row access is a bit difficult

Disappointed
By MJ

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Interior is so comfortable and it has all the bells and whistles. However, the performance is horrible. When attempting acceleration at any speed including highway entering the engine revs to almost 7000 rpm before it kicks in and sometimes I can have the pedal floored and it still doesn't accelerate. Like others mentioned there is a problem with the headlights and poor visibility. Also, blind spots are very dangerous, almost hit 2 cars. And tire pressure light has been an issue since day 1. Goes off for a day after filling tires and then starts flashing again. Had a 2005 Ford Escape with 170K miles, should have stuck with Ford.

interior is so comfortable. Has great interior accessories.

headlight issues, tire pressure sensor, blind spots, and acceleration issues