2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Excellent Value
By Ron on 06/24/05 22:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Subaru has hit a home run with the Tribeca. The build quality is excellent. It has all the features one could ask for in this type of SUV. Good performance. Low interior noise. It has 18" wheels and is very responsive. Since it's a brand new model just delivered, I can't rate reliability, but my experience with Subarus has been excellent. Thus far performance and fun-to-drive factors for the Tribeca exceed my expectations.

B9 Tribeca
By Janet on 06/22/05 10:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the sixth Subaru that I've owned. I was very interested in buying an SUV and the timing of this vehicle was perfect. It is beautiful inside and out and drives and handles like a car. I am very pleased.

B-9 is Beautiful!
By CBrunner on 06/20/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, I have waited 2 and a half years for this car and all I can say is WOW! I love the way the B-9 drives; it is hard to believe that you are that high off the ground! All I can say is drive one and you will own one; perfect size, love the extra two seats and the rear heat and air is great for guests. It isn't the most powerful 'ute out there but it sure does great with what it's got. I love the engine sound and the exhaust note, it just screams sporty!

A great addition!
By ROB on 06/19/05 23:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Let me begin by saying I finally found the sport version of mom's soccer van. From the moment you enter the the well thought out cabin and take a seat behind the whee, the ergonomically correct dashboard and steering wheel seem to wrap themselves around you but still let you know you are in control.

Owner
By Ronald L. Jordan on 06/19/05 11:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this vehicle for two weeks and have found the experience very delightful. We took one long trip in it thus far and found the car to perform beautifully and the ride was most comfortable. There is plenty of leg room both front and rear and the quietness of the ride was the best we ever experienced.

Love this Vehicle
By Lisa Mullen on 06/14/05 02:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Tribeca three weeks ago after driving a Suburban for the past 8 years and I love it! It is very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. It has plenty of power for the mountain roads. I especially love the DVD Player for our kids. The trip to our cabin this past weekend was the quietest trip we have ever had. Since purchasing my Tribeca I have had four people stop me and ask what it was and just the other day found a doctor peaking into the windows while I had it parked in the parking lot. He liked it so much I ended up opening the doors to let him take a look at it.

Just off the lot
By seer on 06/01/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We were floored when we saw the car on the dealer's lot. We were there to have our previous Outback serviced and knew the Tribeca was coming soon but seeing one in person cemented the deal. The car has everything you could want in a mid-size SUV. The power is excellent. The looks are terrific. We have the 5 seat version and the interior is excellent. There is plenty of room with an especially spacious back seat area. We have the 5 speed auto and I like to drive in the sport mode which gives you a little more torque between shifts. All in all, a home run for Subaru. If you can find one, go get one now!

Wow...from Subaru?
By FirstSubie on 05/30/05 20:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is truly a refreshing drive considering all the other SUVs I have owned. I think the thing that will blow you away is the interior. The fit and finish and design is on par with our Teutonic friends from Germany. It almost has a "cockpit" like feel from a fighter jet and the electroluminescent gauges are awesome. Also, get the "puddle" lights. They really finish the vehicle off nicely! The Boxer motor is amazingly smooth as is the tranny. Shifts are seamless and road/wind noise is non-existent. The driving experience is very pleasing. The Boxer motor provides a low center of gravity so you have sharp/precise handling, not "tippy". Sports car handling with SUV clearance!

Exciting and Fun New Vehicle
By Lisa Mulen on 05/27/05 02:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my new Subaru and I absolutely love it. It is fun to drive and comes with great features. Great set up on the dash. This is my first Subaru and I was impressed with the dealership. For the past ten years I have had various Suburbans and I am very excited and pleased with this change.

Final pick
By DLS on 05/20/05 18:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sorry, will pick up Tribeca in 2 days. Just arrived on showroom floor today - but did take a 1 hour test drive. For 2 months have looked at Mercedes C & E, BMW 5, Audi A4&6, MDX, RX330, and Volvo XC70. MDX getting mixed reviews and low mileage for 45K. RX330 is plush with nice features but again 45K with Navigation. Mercedes, BMW and Audi getting mediocre marks from CR on reliability. FINALLY found a car with the right features and performance for the right price. This car is as quiet as the RX330. Zero road noise and a whisper of wind noise at 70 mph. Hwy MPG = mid-20's. Excellent radio, Nav, AWD, loaded with safety features and (hopefully) Subaru's good rep. Car is tight, responsive and solid.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.