Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Love the Tribeca
By Nancy Jo

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am thrilled with my Tribeca. The interior and exterior are well designed. It doesn't look like every other SUV on the road. It handles well and has good power.

Favorite Features

Puddle lights. The first night I had the vehicle I came out of a store at night and hit the door lock. My entire vehicle illuminated--kind of like those Cars.com commercials with the choir.

Excellent car so far
By Alex

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First Subaru in my household and whole family loves it. No bad things so far.

Favorite Features

Interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Seat memory, hands free option.

Best car on the road
By Byron Cancelmo

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2005 VW Touareg as well. Each vehicle has its own appeal. Comparing the two vehicles is like comparing Lexus to Mercedes. Lexus being the Subaru. Basically for the money you get everything you need and more. Each vehicle has its own technological features that sets each other apart. Bottom line, I am absolutely thrilled with my new Tribeca. Not only is it one of the nicest cars on the road, there is a sense of independence one feels when driving it around. They are not everywhere. I like it that way, it's my little secret.

Favorite Features

Interior features, exterior styling. Absolutely engaging in person. It is a lot bigger than you think.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank. If you cannot improve the 18 average MPG, at least put in a larger tank. I think it's a 15 gallon tank or something; you have to fill up every 240 miles or so. I hate stopping for gas as it is. The Touareg goes 440 miles between fueling; costs more with the bigger tank but it's worth it.

Not so in love anymore
By lisa

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Tribeca for 7 months and the bloom is off the rose. I have to open the drivers door and put the seat back so I can reach the gas opener which is hid underneath the seat. This is a problem because I am at the gas station twice a week! The bells ring for the seat belt if you put a gallon of milk on the seat. The drive is becoming stiffer (didn't know that was possible). Had a piece of the dashboard fall off and I dare anyone to find the hood open latch without the manual! I had much better luck with an Outback. Good news is it's a lease so the end is in sight. Just doesn't have the Subaru reliability you look for.

Favorite Features

Outside looks.

Suggested Improvements

Read the review but mainly hidden control knobs.

Nice vehicle
By vermonter

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the styling. The fit and finish are fantastic and the interior lights are quite soothing. Small gas tank and overall MPG of 16 is a modest drawback. Rear seat is small, good for little children and little else. Very easy to adjust rear seats. I got a back up warning signal as option. Needed given rear design.

Favorite Features

Safety.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank, better mileage.