2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Drove it and I was sold
By junochoe on 07/10/05 03:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the Tribeca for about three weeks and I am continuously amazed. When we first test drove it, I noticed how smooth this SUV's boxer engine revs and how much willingness it has on acceleration. I also did some crazy turns in a parking lot and I noticed minimum body roll and solid grip during acceleration from the Tribeca's AWD. Recently, I took my Tribeca on slick and wet winding roads at about 45 mph, and the Tribeca kept its composure. At no time did I feel excessive body roll or loss of traction. This is one fun car to drive! The exterior is a bit funky, but I've learned to love it. Also, the interior is pretty space-age but very comfortable.

This is an awesome car
By MikeJL on 07/04/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a knockout! It is a winner in every category - interior comfort, available options, exterior styling, performance and fun factor. I still can't believe it's a Subaru. I've just returned from an 1800-mile vacation jaunt and I am more impressed than ever with the car. It is very comfortable during long days on the road and has plenty of power to handle any driving situation with ease. The DVD and NAV options really enhanced the enjoyment of the trip. The car competes very well with the 'luxury' brands in its size class but at a substantially lower price. Anyone looking for a car in this class should definitely take a close look at the Tribeca.

Best Of The Bunch
By Subienewbie on 07/02/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Subaru. I did my homework before making up my mind and choosing the Tribeca. My decision to buy a Tribeca may not seem surprising until you realize that the last 4 cars I have owned were a 1999 Jaguar XK8, a 2000 BMW 540si, a 2001 BMW M5 and a 2002 Infiniti Q45. I mention this so you understand that I know what quality automobiles are. I am not saying that a Tribeca is the equal of those cars but in comparing it to the likes of BMW X5, Lexus 330, Volvo, MDX etc, there are none that come close to the Tribeca and all cost thousands of dollars more.

CANT BEAT THE VALUE
By J CHAMBERS on 07/02/05 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2004 VW Touareg with v6 engine which gave me more problems than I car to report. Electrical, transmission and no power. I purchased a B9 Tribeca a few days ago and comparing the two vehicles, the Subaru in my opinion the Subaru is a better value dollar to dollar on both base models.

SUV With Personality!
By Robert Brody on 07/01/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Complements from everyone on the looks of this car! The B9 is a great looking SUV to my eyes. Itís both modern and retro all at once. It's far better looking than the still unattractive WRX or clunky Forester; cars that my eye never really adapted to. Good power and handling. Awesome interior and comfort. Nothing but silky smoothness. I read one owner complaining about gear hunting, but my car exhibits none of that. Switching to manual mode is done on the fly and shifts are both smooth and useful. This is nicer than any SUV under 40K. There are some compromises, but the B9 has most of it right. I'm very impressed thus far.

Concept SUV in Production
By Ronzzo on 06/30/05 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I first saw the Tribeca in March at a special invitation by Subaru. The styling of the vehicle, especially the interior had me sold, but I wanted to wait until I was able to test drive it. I finally did drive it and purchased it two weeks ago.I absolutely love driving it. The ride is quiet and it handles very well in turns. The instrumentation controls are at close reach and the brightly lighted gauges are easy to view. The five passenger vehicle is roomy and the adjustable rear seat supplies plenty of leg room.

Ode to an AWD Alfa Romeo....
By PapaHawk on 06/29/05 22:04 PM (PDT)

Capable, confident, and charismatic! The Subaru B9 Tribeca is the complete 7-passenger AWD package. With its Italian styling, Japanese engineering, and 100% Subaru core, this vehicle is destined to enjoy a long ride along the American road, and one of these beauties will always be parked in my garage! This is an amazing vehicle. It is a pleasure to own and a joy to drive. It has my unqualified support as the best automotive value in the SUV world.

Excellent Choice
By Emma on 06/27/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Amazingly a good value with extra features and good performance. Safety rated and safety features make this an outstanding value. Comfortable interior with the luxury of a car and the space of a midsize SUV...very happy.

Great car
By Chris on 06/27/05 17:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is a wonderful vehicle which floats down the road. Takes bumps with no apparent shaking or noise. Very quiet. Inside the front seat is like an airplane cockpit. Heated mirrors, side windows and wipers make it perfect for the colder climates.

A fun ride!
By John on 06/25/05 20:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been looking for just the right vehicle that will fit my 6'6" body, be comfortable, get reasonable gas mileage for a small SUV and be fun to drive at a reasonable price. The Subaru B9 is just that car. I look forward to driving this vehicle each day as it truly is comfortable for a tall person. Although it is a bit lacking in 0-60 acceleration it has more than enough power to make the driving experience fun. Both the interior and exterior are refined and stylish. Some have complained about the front end being ugly but I will bet it will grow on people the longer it is out. I love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.