2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
I LOVE this thing!
By GYRFALCON on 07/30/05 00:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Once I went out on a test drive, I was doomed! This car floats over the road, and is as quiet as an electric vehicle, yet still has plenty of muscle and handles beautifully. The reviewer who said it drives like "a big, heavy truck" had to be following one with his windows open and OD'ing on the fumes. The nose does take some getting used to, but the interior and other angles of the exterior are design marvels. So - if you love the feel of being pulled laboriously down the road by a noisy, vibrating engine placed at your knee level, and really enjoy the look of fake burled wood all around, then by all means stay away. Otherwise, you may just get 'Beca'd.

Great Car--Major Collision-—We’re Alive
By JOHN on 07/28/05 20:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for the money.

Love My New Subaru
By Claire on 07/28/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my new B9 Tribeca just over a month now and I love it. It's stylish and eye catching. I've had several people comment and ask about it. It has great speed pick up and does an awesome job in the mountains. I chose the Mahogany color with Beige interior and it looks great. This is the nicest driving vehicle I've ever had and I highly recommend that anyone test drive it.

Goodbye Old ML, Hello B9 Tribeca Ltd 7
By L. Frank on 07/26/05 20:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

So impressed by test driving B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7 passenger we bought it 2 days later; our first non German make in 25 years. Went from ML to B9 - after comparing every detail interior, performance and fact that almost every option is included in 7 passenger Ltd price were options on others sold us. Especially comfort, handling ease, safety feats. Not as tall as ML, Lexus GX470, Z3 we tested but what we got for price -- impressive. Hope to embrace B9 unusual exterior styling. Interior superb- driver's "cockpit" design, ease in reading well positioned dash instruments. Good mileage, great cornering & handling, smooth ride, A+ rear seat comfort & A/C controls & 20k less than ML with equal options.

Tribecta Review
By Diana Dunn on 07/17/05 08:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with looks of this SUV the minute I saw it. The car is real comfortable and looks great. I love the moon roof. It has the navigation system but I haven't had time to really learn it yet. However, I bought it because I haul around 4 grandkids all the time as well as I am a realtor and I wanted room for passengers. However, it is a tight squeeze to put more than four people in this vehicle. Three is really more comfortable. The worst part of this car is the extremely poor gas mileage. I thought being it was a 6 cyl. that I would get much better gas mileage than the Lincoln Towncar I traded in to lease this.However I get only 15.6 miles per gal. Also you must use 91% oct.

Love our new car!
By HJD on 07/16/05 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First new car we've bought in twelve years, so it was a big decision. My husband is a car nut, and swore he was not going to buy a Subaru. But this won us both over. We love it. Very convenient, great interior design, very comfortable PLUS we are averaging 21 MPG (we live in a large city, so this is amazing to us). Test drive it and you just might buy it.

Finally found the SUV of my dreams
By lisa on 07/15/05 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love it! I tested all the others and found this to be the most stylish, comfortable, fun SUV there is out there. I have the back up system that beeps if you get to close and a premuim sound package. It all just adds to my total enjoyment. I,m short and have no problems seeing out windows. Love that the backseat headrests are not in my view. I also got a great deal so Im happy.

the Tribeca crossover
By Len Barta on 07/14/05 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning the Tribeca for about three weeks, I must say we are very pleased with the car. We find the vehicle has an ample amount of leg room both front and back. We like the fact that the rear seats have fore and aft movement. The car handles beautifully. So far it’s been a pleasure to own.

Very Classy Car
By Trace & Mike Francis on 07/13/05 22:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I were originally looking to purchase the Murano, and as I was conducting research, I came across the Tribeca. After going to the dealer and seeing it in person, we had to have it. We absolutely love this car. We have the Atlantic Blue with grey interior. It's like a cross between the BMW X3, Infiniti, the Lexus and the Murano. A lot of features to have fun with including the rear DVD, and it drives like a dream. We haven't had the chance to test out the sports/manual transmission drive yet, but maybe when we go on vacation, we'll be able to test it. Several people have already stopped to ask us what the car is, and we have gotten many curious looks when driving this car.

Fun to drive
By bodpa on 07/11/05 20:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had it for about a week and already have about 1100 miles. The handling is amazing and interior is wonderful. We use the full seven passengers (kids in the back) and is very comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.