Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Car Performance
By Carl Tordonato

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The engine is very sluggish, with slight acceleration of the gas pedal the engine hesitates then the transmission shifts down as if the engine loses power. I am very disappointed with the performance.

I like the style, the Navigation and everything with the dashboard and the general comfort of the car.

The only suggestions I have are a larger engine and a better transmission design so it doesn't shift often. The car is nice overall. Its a shame the power train is poorly engineered.

Beautiful Car!
By cdubois1@

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a genuine winner. It's my 10th Subaru and easily the best.

Design. Handling. Comfort. Features.

There are two blind spots. Front right and when changing lanes to the right hand side. The shaded windows in the back make it tough to see cars when you want to change lanes in that direction.

beautiful car
By apkjczb

I bought this car because I needed a car that has 7 passenger seating but I hate those big trucks with 7 seats, so this was the perfect match for me, I loved the interior design, and the leg room it has since I am a tall guy (6.2) the few things I am missing in the car is the Bluetooth, and rear backup sensor which is important for this car since it has a tiny rear window so itÂ’s a large blind spot.

Leg room it has, and the interior design.

That we can't change anything on the navigation system while driving, missing rear backup sensor, and missing Bluetooth,

Best car Ever
By bob barich

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are journalists and work from home offices. She suggested looking at the Tribeca in the hope it would get me out of the house more often. Previously we averaged 5500 miles per year; now 9000. I guess it worked! We have owned everything from a Dino to a Q45; nothing garners more attention than the B9; which is especially amazing in a car-jaded town like West Los Angeles. Handling and breaking is on a par with a sports sedan and fit and finish is first rate--more than several rungs above its price point. Absolutely wonderful!

Exterior and interior design, all-around performance, fit and finish.

Increase size of gas tank, well powered but what vehicle couldn't use an extra 30 horsepower and 50 lbs more torque?

WAY TO GO SUBARU
By Shopper

Safety, comfort, reliability and it looks good too! It moves out performance wise. The nav system is a very helpful feature and sometimes funny with its voice out of nowhere and bing bings. Backing up takes practice due to narrow limited vision in rear. No vehicle is perfect but this one comes close for me.

Nav system. Took it on a 700 mile trip the first weekend. Features easy to learn, mileage was near sticker rating and it was just fun to drive. The comfort on a long trip was important to me, I was extremely pleased.

Better sight line for backing up, auto headlights, backup warning system (beeping when near another object). Memory for seat settings and hands free phone connection.