Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Best car Ever
By bob barich

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are journalists and work from home offices. She suggested looking at the Tribeca in the hope it would get me out of the house more often. Previously we averaged 5500 miles per year; now 9000. I guess it worked! We have owned everything from a Dino to a Q45; nothing garners more attention than the B9; which is especially amazing in a car-jaded town like West Los Angeles. Handling and breaking is on a par with a sports sedan and fit and finish is first rate--more than several rungs above its price point. Absolutely wonderful!

Exterior and interior design, all-around performance, fit and finish.

Increase size of gas tank, well powered but what vehicle couldn't use an extra 30 horsepower and 50 lbs more torque?

WAY TO GO SUBARU
By Shopper

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Safety, comfort, reliability and it looks good too! It moves out performance wise. The nav system is a very helpful feature and sometimes funny with its voice out of nowhere and bing bings. Backing up takes practice due to narrow limited vision in rear. No vehicle is perfect but this one comes close for me.

Nav system. Took it on a 700 mile trip the first weekend. Features easy to learn, mileage was near sticker rating and it was just fun to drive. The comfort on a long trip was important to me, I was extremely pleased.

Better sight line for backing up, auto headlights, backup warning system (beeping when near another object). Memory for seat settings and hands free phone connection.

Buy It - Lease It - GET IT TODAY
By douglasdubois

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Tribeca Saturday. Monday drove it to FL, phenomenal, my 4th Subaru, somewhat biased? Maybe, but have Audi's as well. I leased no money down, taxes rolled in etc. and pay $498.00. Now this does include some excess from my previous VDC which I owned but still owed on! I have the 15,000 miles allowance and a $20,995 buyout. I cannot recommend this car enough. I also test drove everything comparable; the only other serious contenders for me: the hybrid twins from Toyota; the Lexus was too much and the Highlander just not visually exciting. On I-95, it tracked true, it's quick enough and 21 mpg! Nav and MP3 are standouts; how did i live without these before? NO disappointments here - recommended.

Nav, MP3 & sound quality, sportshift tranny, auto sunroof. 74 cubes of luggage. 7 passenger option, decent MPG, quick enough, excellent ride, quality of materials and finish very high standard ... very Lexus like and best of all price. Subaru handling, all wheel drive, traction & not everyone has one.

Of course more power, why not? Better gas, bring back the McIntosh stereo option - the best stereo I ever heard in a car under $40G. That's it for now. 1700 miles 4 days, NY to FL, 21 mpg, zero issues & just like my last 4 Subarus, I expect, to change oil/gas, tires and the belts. RELIABLE

The most unknown SUV & is the Best
By asraghu

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Driving experience is top class, the handling is so different from Murano & RAV4 that I almost decided not to take a serious look at this unknown candidate in my list. I saw a great value in the AWD system after reviewing all available documentation around on Subaru's AWD vs, Audi's AWD,; finally I decided that this is a very special SUV under the hood. The interiors were better than Murano and to some extent RX330. There are few problems with this SUV like the power lock switch does not light up, parking brake has issues etc. but just ignore all these for what you get under the hood & the handling. Once the engine warms up it's almost silent there after. Acceleration is moderate/average.

Everything I needed as standard. The price was good. Driving experience is like driving a Honda Accord.

A lot can be suggested like rear hatch gate redesign, rear view camera as standard, some tuning of suspension for comfort (I feel its rather stiff now), reduce weight by around 300lbs, better fuel mileage.

My Tribeca -- a good choice!
By P. Clarke

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it! Whether zipping around town or settling down for a road trip it is fun to drive. It has great response to the gas pedal and the steering wheel. Have been on a trip from Cincinnati to Lawton OK and another to Savannah GA and enjoyed the Tribeca on the road as much as in the city.

The sound system is awesome and the nav system is really nice to have on a trip to a new destination.

The only problem I have had is the low tire pressure indicator keeps flickering on and off.