2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Disappointment
By Larry Schultz on 08/22/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

In mountains you cannot use cruise per manual and experience. Foot drive results in shifting under load between 3 & 4 gears. Have to rev engine to 5000+ rpm to maintain freeway speed. Engine screams and high rpm bad for engine. Won't pull hills in 4th. Sport shift helps but is not responsive enough and will shift gears without driver knowing. Any call for power even on level road results in high rpm in 3rd with engine howling. Didn't pay all this money for automatic & cruise and not be able to use it. In general, lack of power causes behavior like my pickup towing a heavy camper. Driver seating is designed for small people. It's either stretch arms for wheel or knees "against chest" for 6 footer.

Love it
By shawn t on 08/21/05 01:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After having our 2005 Outback stolen we bought the Tribeca and have been very happy with it. After owning a Lexus RX 300, I find this car as comfortable and even more fun to drive. It has taken a bit to get used to the outside look, but I am very happy with the inside. I am very happy with this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Love it!
By Drake on 08/19/05 19:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a great few weeks, drives with comfort and luxury. Handles Pennsylvania bumpy roads well, no more backache!

Tribeca Wins with Fun Ride
By CWhyte on 08/16/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

August 2005: We compared and test drove new Subaru B9 Tribeca, Highlander LDT, Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Nissan Murano, Infinity FX3,and used Lexus RX300. Final Round was between MDX & Tribeca. Tribeca won for us. Here's why: Better handling, especially in sudden high speed manuvers. Slight lean never gets worse than slight. Quick, accurate steering and shifting response. 255/55/18 Tires w/ 18" wheels contribute. Fun to Drive: Std auto trans adds "sport" mode AND " Manual mode". Zoom. (But Murono 'shiftless' trans is cool!) Ground clearance: 8.4" allows a some off road adventure confidence. Features & doo-dads: All the rest being about equal or better than the competitors.

Who Knew Suburu
By J Lu on 08/15/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Suburu wasn't even on my carbuying radar until this SUV came along. Fell in love immediately after the test drive: great looks, lots of power, smooth ride, great handling. Easy transition for me from a '93 Toyo4Runner. Packed with features - this is the best SUV to get in the market for its value.

Power Steering gone after 300 miles
By Michele on 08/15/05 01:04 AM (PDT)

Three days after I bought my Tribeca, the power steering went out. I had to have it flat bedded back to the dealer. The fluid reservoir is full, no leaks, the belts are fine. I guess I will find out how good this dealer is in how they treat me through this. I just hope it is not something that will happen again and that they fix it right. I LOVED the car before this happened and will probably love it again when it is fixed and I feel confident it will not happen again.

Superior SUV
By weglit_mh on 08/12/05 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

a dream to drive!! Subaru has outdone themselves. I can hardly wait to find an excuse to take the car out on a drive. Even driving in traffic is "fun". distinctive and appealing exterior design.

And I thought my Outback wagon was fun!
By Adrian Rivera on 08/09/05 09:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. I was initially put off by the price tag until we did our comparison research & test drives. All of the comparably equipped competitors came in over the price I ultimately negotiated my dealer. It handles great and has much more power than my 4 cylinder Outback wagon. It has an excellent turning radius and is very easy to park . My only complaint is the gas mileage but we expected this moving up to a 6 cylinder SUV. We love both the interior and exterior styling of the car. It is definitely a head turner and I, only having it for short time, have been asked about it numerous times.

Best Yet!
By Mary J on 08/07/05 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Tribeca is the fourth Subaru I have owned and it is truly the "best yet"! At 15 years and 250,000 miles, I gave my 1990 Legacy to my mother-in-law and prepared to buy an Outback wagon--until I saw the "coming soon" promotion on the Subaru website. I am not sorry that I waited 4 months for the Tribeca. The styling outside and in is very sleek and eye-catching. The controls for AC/stereo are very convenient. The Tribeca handles very well and is as fun to drive as my Legacy. I have taken several trips to mountainous areas. The Tribeca holds the road in the curves extremely well and I have plenty of power climbing. It handled wet roads perfectly. Comfort, style, performance -- best yet!

Better than the BMW or Lexus
By Ken on 08/02/05 23:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a Subaru, and wanted to again buy such a reliable automobile. I test drove Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and a number of other SUV's. Then I read about, and immediately test drove and purchased the new Subaru Tribeca. For the money, the luxury and quality of this vehicle can not be beat. My average mileage is about 21; less than expected but okay. The comfort and style of the vehicle is first rate. Now that I have the navigation system, I can not imagine being without one (it is like a cell phone, it becomes a necessity). The interior is extremely attractive and roomy, also great headroom for a tall guy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.