2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
TRULY A MONSTER
By MR. POTTS on 09/18/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply a well built machine. From its initial design, structural stability, solid stance, and car-like maneuverability ... this machine is a monster. My only peeve is that the premium sound system needs a real wake up call. My 2005 Outback premium sound blows the B9 sound package out of the water. Otherwise ... A+

B9 bmine
By marta on 09/17/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm tickled by the reaction my B9 receives when I drive by. It truly is unusual without being "weird". It is a luxury ride and makes me smile each time I look at it or drive it.

Great Ride
By Dave on 09/10/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I've only owned the Tribeca for a couple of weeks but so far I really enjoy driving it.

Works for Me
By Johnny Kay on 09/08/05 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Baja for the last two years but the innovative design just didn't meet my needs for family/pets. The B9 allowed me to stay with Subaru and get the cargo space that I needed. I find the B9 much more fun to drive than my Jeep Grand Cherokee -- better handling, better road grip, and feels more like a car than a truck. Easy access all the way around including in/out of the driver's seat (bad back). The gold is gorgeous, and I don't mind the front styling though I can see that it won't please everybody. As with the Baja, the B9 gets a lot of eye interest from others on the road. Could use a little more oomph at times, and I'd like a slightly larger fuel tank. Good mpg. Drive one.

Tribeca's great! (exc. gas mileage!)
By Lanie on 09/05/05 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Tribeca. I also own an '03 Honda Pilot. Both had the NAV system, the 'becca has the DVD too. The Tribeca is much more posh inside, but I think its NAV is worst than the Pilot. The driver shouldn't have to figure out which "zone" she is looking up an address in, and living in Pa/NJ, I have to switch between zones! The Honda NAV is much nicer, easier to work, and thus quicker. Subaru should send out discs that cover all the USA! This zone stuff is from years ago. Another downfall on the Subaru is the lack of the radio station and time being featured alongside the map. Press map, then feature, then back to map. Not cool. And the gas mileage, well, I'm doing 18mpg at best on the highway.

Awesome! But Missing a Few Touches
By ChicagoSteve on 09/03/05 23:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an incredible car. I am in the advertising business for auto dealerships and had my pick of cars. I looked at several but for the money for the B9 nothing comes close. I have the NAV system and the information this car provides is just scary, above and beyond the the actual Nav system. Every car detail from current MPG to service intervals and a calculator are only a touch away. As for what the car is missing, one thing would have to be seat memory. My wife and friends have tried my car and it takes me forever to get it back. Also a coin holder. These thing sound minor and they are, but every model above $30k has them.

Subaru Tribeca
By anframm on 08/30/05 20:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Averaging slightly over 20 miles to the gallon in combo driving, brakes a little mushy, handling and ride exemplary (better than any others I have been in), good dealer experience, power is good (engine is adequate and power delivery is smooth) though another 25 to 30 lb/ft torque would not hurt.

This vehicle ROCKS!
By DannyD on 08/30/05 19:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Tribeca for 3 weeks now. It rocks! I just absolutely love it! It has such a unique exterior, and the interior could not be better. My commute is 1 hour each way, and the time flies by now. (I hope that feeling never wears off.) The radio reception is incredible. The ability to play data CDs made with MP3 files is awesome. I can put 13 CDs on 1 disk. Who needs a CD changer if you can do that? The ride is incredible. I have never felt so connected to the road before. This car is worth every penny. If only gas prices didn't stink so bad.

To drive a B9 is to want a B9!
By John Giambalvo on 08/28/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I happened upon the B9 while out driving other vehicles in its class. It was the fifth drive in less than a week. After about twenty seconds, I knew this was a superior ride to all of the previous ones. In the three weeks since taking it home, it has only reinforced my decision. I wait for the chances to drive it. I can't wait for snow to come. It's obvious that Subaru knows AWD given the incredible popularity of the Outback. The B9 is an utterly new level of Subaru. The cockpit is even fun to just be sitting in. I warn you, if you take for a test drive, you will want to take it home.

Tribeca
By Andrea on 08/27/05 17:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please test drive on the freeway before you purchase if a lot of road noise or wind noise is bothersome to you. You have to turn up the radio loudly and speak loudly if you drive more than 50 mph because of wind and road noise. Also don't count on this car to get out of the way of a speeding truck coming towards you. NAV system not that reliable. Don't bother paying extra for it. Drives more like a truck than expected. A big truck. Gas mileage is so so for a truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.