Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Can't say enough good!
By West

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has exceeded all of my expectations. I feel like a walking Subaru commercial as people stop me in parking lots and ask about the car. It rides smoothly, handles well and has an opulent interior.

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior with great amenities! Stylish exterior. Runs smoothly and handles responsively. The best car I've ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility takes some time to get used to. Also, I drive with my right arm on the arms rest; it is impossible to do with this vehicle. The driver's seat has so many controls, a memory key would be practical.

More car for your buck
By SK

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a B9 owner for 4 months now and I must say, the more I drive it, the more I love it. I have happened to drive it in a blizzard, therefore, I can say the AWD system is the best I have seen (the second best is Audi). Extremely smooth braking, and you don't feel thrown forward when sudden braking is necessary. Adequate performance, however, more torque for quicker acceleration would be nicer. The interior design is gorgeous, and I catch gas attendants checking it out and giving compliments all the time.

Favorite Features

The AWD system, which is superb. Feels like an extremely safe car (the crash test ratings confirmed it). Beautiful interior with everything being easily accessible. The MP3 player is a joy. Very comfortable and luxurious. The flood lights are helpful.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would be nice. Wouldn't mind a little more power. I wish the XM radio was built in the audio system (at least to be XM ready). Backup camera/sensors should be an option, since parallel parking takes a little getting used to.

Love the Tribeca
By Ali

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Tribeca for almost a month and LOVE the car. I traded out of a Lexus RX330 and have not compromised at all. I have every available option you would need and the car drives like a dream. It is heavier than the Lexus but that is due to AWD that is standard on Subarus. I would definitely recommend this car!

Favorite Features

I love the sleekness of the dash and the roominess of the car. Tons of room in the backseat and rear area.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, but it's not something that would keep me from buying this car.

Very happy
By Mario

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I come from a German brand and I am very impressed with this car. It looks very nice and runs very nice also. Very good finishing and comfortable interior.

Favorite Features

Style, comfort, mechanicals.

Suggested Improvements

Gas consumption must be improved.

Very nice!
By Daniel

All I can say is this thing is great. We had a lot of rain here in Hawaii over the past few weeks and I never felt safer, and after the rain stopped I took it to the dealer to get washed they told me how people flocked in for a little AWD safety.

Favorite Features

Fit and finish!

Suggested Improvements

Gas could be better and power, more HP.