Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

owner
By Jim

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Rated as being one of the safest vehicles on the road. All wheel drive is beneficial in snow and wet conditions also. Speed and performance is good for this type of vehicle. Mileage is low - we get approx. 21 miles per gallon since owning the vehicle. Wife is driving vehicle. I'm not too pleased with the appearance of vehicle, but is handy with hatch and seats that go completely down. Very reliable and no issues whatsoever with the vehicle. GPS system is a great option if you travel frequently. We use it quite frequently. Kids enjoy seeing movies and makes the longer trips bearable for us also. We simply run to the library and have them pick out a few cds to watch.

Safety features are great. GPS is a good option also. All wheel drive adds significantly with handling of the vehicle.

Like to have a larger glove box on the passenger side.

Best Car On the Road
By Shirley

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a SUV like vehicle which allowed me to sit up higher and gave me good visibility. Needless to say I found these qualities as well as many others it in the Tribeca. It handles like a dream; comfortable/quiet ride; superior sound system, great adjustable seats.

Seats, sound system, handling, visibility, quiet ride.

Be able to charge cell phone when ignition is in off position.

Can't say enough good!
By West

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has exceeded all of my expectations. I feel like a walking Subaru commercial as people stop me in parking lots and ask about the car. It rides smoothly, handles well and has an opulent interior.

Beautiful interior with great amenities! Stylish exterior. Runs smoothly and handles responsively. The best car I've ever owned.

Rear visibility takes some time to get used to. Also, I drive with my right arm on the arms rest; it is impossible to do with this vehicle. The driver's seat has so many controls, a memory key would be practical.

More car for your buck
By SK

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a B9 owner for 4 months now and I must say, the more I drive it, the more I love it. I have happened to drive it in a blizzard, therefore, I can say the AWD system is the best I have seen (the second best is Audi). Extremely smooth braking, and you don't feel thrown forward when sudden braking is necessary. Adequate performance, however, more torque for quicker acceleration would be nicer. The interior design is gorgeous, and I catch gas attendants checking it out and giving compliments all the time.

The AWD system, which is superb. Feels like an extremely safe car (the crash test ratings confirmed it). Beautiful interior with everything being easily accessible. The MP3 player is a joy. Very comfortable and luxurious. The flood lights are helpful.

Better gas mileage would be nice. Wouldn't mind a little more power. I wish the XM radio was built in the audio system (at least to be XM ready). Backup camera/sensors should be an option, since parallel parking takes a little getting used to.

Love the Tribeca
By Ali

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Tribeca for almost a month and LOVE the car. I traded out of a Lexus RX330 and have not compromised at all. I have every available option you would need and the car drives like a dream. It is heavier than the Lexus but that is due to AWD that is standard on Subarus. I would definitely recommend this car!

I love the sleekness of the dash and the roominess of the car. Tons of room in the backseat and rear area.

Better gas mileage, but it's not something that would keep me from buying this car.

• SUV