Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited 5-Passenger SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Disappointed in Subaru
By marianne7214

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like my Tribeca overall, however, I am extremely disappointed to find out that I need new bushings (like many other owners with a low mileage car). This would appear to be something that should be recalled, however, SOA has yet to do so. Dealer cost to replace bushings is over $1000. I was also disappointed to find out how hard it is to get/install anything for the car (windshield wipers, replace light bulb). Windshield wipers aren't available at auto parts stores and light bulb took dealership mechanic over 30 mins to install.

Favorite Features

Interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights and bushings.

Nice Family Vehicle
By PEB

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This s.u.v. is as close to my dream vehicle as I will get for a while. Beautifully designed in and out and comfortable. The only 2 things that is a very small minus is that the wipers have to be bought from Subaru unless you change the whole arm...can't fit flex or other types of wipers. Second, the power in the first generation tribeca, the B9, is a bit low for hwy passing, but still does the job. Overall...would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a four dour. We love it...beats a tiburon when you have kids!

Favorite Features

Design in and out is beautiful. Nice wide tires. In town acceleration is very good. Symmetrical AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Normal wipers, so you don't have to keep buying inserts at Subaru and more power for Hwy passing but the new Tribeca has that from what I hear.

Beautiful B9 Tribeca
By Robert Brand

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is extremely pleasant to drive as it feels like you are in complete control at all times. It is the most sure-footed car I have ever had. So far most of the driving has been inside the city but the times outside on longer trips I found the navigation system to be very helpful. After driving Cadillacs it took a bit of getting used to a high revving (7000rpm redline) engine. To date absolutely no problems have showed up. I have the five passenger version.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, especially the front end. It is a head turner. The interior design is excellent as all controls are at your finger tips. The "puddle lights" option is something new that others could emulate.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Liking it more than I thought I would
By rc

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We tested everything on the market, from the RAV4 all the way up to the XC90, and chose the 7 passenger Ltd Tribeca, feeling it offered more for the money. We are new to the Subaru brand and enjoying the experience so far. After a bad start, on purchase day, the car we originally leased broke down, but the dealership quickly replaced it. After 4 months of use, this car has really grown on me. Useless third row for anyone over 4 feet, but the fit, finish, ride and comfort are excellent. It fits two adults, two car seats and everything we need to pack easily without feeling overly large. The handling is sharp and the all wheel drive and traction control systems are great

Favorite Features

Dual climate control, seats and interior styling. Amazing AWD system. I've been out two times in ice and snow and the car never had a wheel slip. At the same time, passing SUVs that had spun out on the side of the road, including Jeep Grand Cherokees - the car we traded in for the Tribeca.

Suggested Improvements

You have to convince yourself that the third row seat is only for desperate situations. Small gas tank (17 gals).

My 2006 Tribeca
By Stephanie Allen

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After a month of ownership I have found the Tribeca's performance to be excellent. Its ride comfort is excellent with outside road noise at an acceptable level. The acceleration both from a start up condition as well as passing is better than average. Steering response is excellent and breaking is very smooth with minimum fade. Head room and leg room are is generous. MPG is as advertised. The ride is acceptionally smooth and subtle.

Favorite Features

9 speaker sound system and easy to see and use controls.