2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Disappointed in Subaru
By marianne7214 on 03/01/12 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like my Tribeca overall, however, I am extremely disappointed to find out that I need new bushings (like many other owners with a low mileage car). This would appear to be something that should be recalled, however, SOA has yet to do so. Dealer cost to replace bushings is over $1000. I was also disappointed to find out how hard it is to get/install anything for the car (windshield wipers, replace light bulb). Windshield wipers aren't available at auto parts stores and light bulb took dealership mechanic over 30 mins to install.

Nice Family Vehicle
By PEB on 07/04/09 10:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This s.u.v. is as close to my dream vehicle as I will get for a while. Beautifully designed in and out and comfortable. The only 2 things that is a very small minus is that the wipers have to be bought from Subaru unless you change the whole arm...can't fit flex or other types of wipers. Second, the power in the first generation tribeca, the B9, is a bit low for hwy passing, but still does the job. Overall...would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a four dour. We love it...beats a tiburon when you have kids!

Beautiful B9 Tribeca
By Robert Brand on 07/24/06 20:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is extremely pleasant to drive as it feels like you are in complete control at all times. It is the most sure-footed car I have ever had. So far most of the driving has been inside the city but the times outside on longer trips I found the navigation system to be very helpful. After driving Cadillacs it took a bit of getting used to a high revving (7000rpm redline) engine. To date absolutely no problems have showed up. I have the five passenger version.

Liking it more than I thought I would
By rc on 01/23/06 16:58 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We tested everything on the market, from the RAV4 all the way up to the XC90, and chose the 7 passenger Ltd Tribeca, feeling it offered more for the money. We are new to the Subaru brand and enjoying the experience so far. After a bad start, on purchase day, the car we originally leased broke down, but the dealership quickly replaced it. After 4 months of use, this car has really grown on me. Useless third row for anyone over 4 feet, but the fit, finish, ride and comfort are excellent. It fits two adults, two car seats and everything we need to pack easily without feeling overly large. The handling is sharp and the all wheel drive and traction control systems are great

My 2006 Tribeca
By Stephanie Allen on 11/03/05 07:31 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After a month of ownership I have found the Tribeca's performance to be excellent. Its ride comfort is excellent with outside road noise at an acceptable level. The acceleration both from a start up condition as well as passing is better than average. Steering response is excellent and breaking is very smooth with minimum fade. Head room and leg room are is generous. MPG is as advertised. The ride is acceptionally smooth and subtle.

Tribeca is the best
By Jackson W. on 10/20/05 22:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Subaru is a very unusual brand for me but after taking the new Tribeca for 24 hours test drive I could not stop my self and bought one. Unbelievably stylish, great performance, nice features, great fuel economy. It is so luxurious, and comfortable. It changes the everything about the SUV we know.

Works for Me
By Johnny Kay on 09/08/05 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Baja for the last two years but the innovative design just didn't meet my needs for family/pets. The B9 allowed me to stay with Subaru and get the cargo space that I needed. I find the B9 much more fun to drive than my Jeep Grand Cherokee -- better handling, better road grip, and feels more like a car than a truck. Easy access all the way around including in/out of the driver's seat (bad back). The gold is gorgeous, and I don't mind the front styling though I can see that it won't please everybody. As with the Baja, the B9 gets a lot of eye interest from others on the road. Could use a little more oomph at times, and I'd like a slightly larger fuel tank. Good mpg. Drive one.

Love it
By shawn t on 08/21/05 01:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After having our 2005 Outback stolen we bought the Tribeca and have been very happy with it. After owning a Lexus RX 300, I find this car as comfortable and even more fun to drive. It has taken a bit to get used to the outside look, but I am very happy with the inside. I am very happy with this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Tribeca Wins with Fun Ride
By CWhyte on 08/16/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

August 2005: We compared and test drove new Subaru B9 Tribeca, Highlander LDT, Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Nissan Murano, Infinity FX3,and used Lexus RX300. Final Round was between MDX & Tribeca. Tribeca won for us. Here's why: Better handling, especially in sudden high speed manuvers. Slight lean never gets worse than slight. Quick, accurate steering and shifting response. 255/55/18 Tires w/ 18" wheels contribute. Fun to Drive: Std auto trans adds "sport" mode AND " Manual mode". Zoom. (But Murono 'shiftless' trans is cool!) Ground clearance: 8.4" allows a some off road adventure confidence. Features & doo-dads: All the rest being about equal or better than the competitors.

SUV With Personality!
By Robert Brody on 07/01/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Complements from everyone on the looks of this car! The B9 is a great looking SUV to my eyes. Itís both modern and retro all at once. It's far better looking than the still unattractive WRX or clunky Forester; cars that my eye never really adapted to. Good power and handling. Awesome interior and comfort. Nothing but silky smoothness. I read one owner complaining about gear hunting, but my car exhibits none of that. Switching to manual mode is done on the fly and shifts are both smooth and useful. This is nicer than any SUV under 40K. There are some compromises, but the B9 has most of it right. I'm very impressed thus far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.