2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
best car i ever owened
By jcp6 on 03/05/14 10:18 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

never had a issue with this vehicle. as long you keep up with regular oil changes etc... good family vehicle extra seats come in handy. handles really well especially in snow.

Timing Chains break - No support from Subaru
By ob108 on 06/20/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This comment is dated, but I was looking for a recall notice. While your story is not a good one, here is one better. Less than 84000 miles on it when the timing chain fails. That cause the cam gear to fail and the dealer says they don't replace timing chains they replace motrs if they fail Scary I thought. I fix it and $2400 lighter it was running again only to find out that the main bearing was damaged and cannot be fixed. That's why the replace motors. You would think that Subaru would stand behind one of their most expensive models. Nope I am on my own. To them I thank them for eduacating me that I will never trust them again.

Disappointed in Subaru
By marianne7214 on 03/01/12 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like my Tribeca overall, however, I am extremely disappointed to find out that I need new bushings (like many other owners with a low mileage car). This would appear to be something that should be recalled, however, SOA has yet to do so. Dealer cost to replace bushings is over $1000. I was also disappointed to find out how hard it is to get/install anything for the car (windshield wipers, replace light bulb). Windshield wipers aren't available at auto parts stores and light bulb took dealership mechanic over 30 mins to install.

Good vehicle but poor dealer service
By sewel on 12/17/10 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Tribeca has been a great car but factory dealer service was terrible- On my way home from their shop the dashboard lit up like a xmas tree- with only 40k miles it needed some regular service. They reported to me that the electic wire harness was faulty-critters had chewed it and it need to be replaced at more than $1000- was told it was a common occurance on Tribecas???? This one is parked inside athome so wtf- Since that visit the car has had many new problems my advise is to keep away from the Subaru dealer in Plano, TX when times are hard some people go beyond to create more business

Stylish 7-seater
By zoomer on 09/07/10 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in '05. Reliability has been good, none of the issues reported by others. Performance is fine for an SUV. Third row comes in handy now and then for our small children and others. Weren't many 7 seat options back then (not MDX, Highlander, etc.) and we didn't want the mega SUV or minivan. Overall, happy with the experience.

Disappointed
By MJ on 08/11/10 04:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Interior is so comfortable and it has all the bells and whistles. However, the performance is horrible. When attempting acceleration at any speed including highway entering the engine revs to almost 7000 rpm before it kicks in and sometimes I can have the pedal floored and it still doesn't accelerate. Like others mentioned there is a problem with the headlights and poor visibility. Also, blind spots are very dangerous, almost hit 2 cars. And tire pressure light has been an issue since day 1. Goes off for a day after filling tires and then starts flashing again. Had a 2005 Ford Escape with 170K miles, should have stuck with Ford.

Headlights are horrible
By Janice on 07/21/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am having a horrible time with headlights. Very little light and hard to see about 12 to 15 feet in front of car. Had headlights adjusted multiple times. So frustrating. Anyone have this problem?

Underwhelmed
By A. Grupp on 05/15/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

Overall, while I like the car and feel very safe driving it, I have been disappointed with a few issues. First, I agree with others citing the headlights as an issue. Not only is the low beam ineffectual, but I have had to replace the bulbs numerous times. Second, the heating has failed so I will need to spend $1K+ to fix it. And,now,the A/C is an issue. Third, there is a blind spot on the passenger side due to the small rear window. Fourth, the electrical system has been causing problems. I am sold on Subarus, just not on the Tribeca. I own a Forester and have owned the Outback. Love/loved both. Will revert to one of them moving forward.

Satisfied
By OM on 04/16/10 15:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in 2005. Handles the Michigan snow great. One of the best handling cars out there. The engine is a little weak for the size of the car and the gas mileage is poor for a 3.0 liter. Interior is nice and comfortable, and quality is good. If maintained properly the car will be in great mechanical condition.

Bushings replaced 2x
By chris on 04/13/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well we have 70,000 miles on our B9 Tribeca. We have had to replace the stabilizer bar bushings (under warranty) and today control bar bushings. We are not under warranty any more so it wasn't covered. The repair helped but there is still a knocking underneath where my feet are. Not as bad as it was thou. I like the car but these issues SOA should do a recall on them and the headlight issue. You can not see at night. Its like a shade is pulled over your headlights half way and the only way to see far is with them put on high beams. Its a comfortable car. Gas mileage could be better. This expensive of a car these issues should of been taken care of.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.