Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:

Timing Chains break - No support from Subaru
By ob108

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This comment is dated, but I was looking for a recall notice. While your story is not a good one, here is one better. Less than 84000 miles on it when the timing chain fails. That cause the cam gear to fail and the dealer says they don't replace timing chains they replace motrs if they fail Scary I thought. I fix it and $2400 lighter it was running again only to find out that the main bearing was damaged and cannot be fixed. That's why the replace motors. You would think that Subaru would stand behind one of their most expensive models. Nope I am on my own. To them I thank them for eduacating me that I will never trust them again.

Favorite Features

Nose design and being so unique. The most incredible snow traveller I have ever driven.

Suggested Improvements

Stand behind your product when there is obviously a Catastrophic failure that could not be prevented.

Disappointed
By MJ

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Interior is so comfortable and it has all the bells and whistles. However, the performance is horrible. When attempting acceleration at any speed including highway entering the engine revs to almost 7000 rpm before it kicks in and sometimes I can have the pedal floored and it still doesn't accelerate. Like others mentioned there is a problem with the headlights and poor visibility. Also, blind spots are very dangerous, almost hit 2 cars. And tire pressure light has been an issue since day 1. Goes off for a day after filling tires and then starts flashing again. Had a 2005 Ford Escape with 170K miles, should have stuck with Ford.

Favorite Features

interior is so comfortable. Has great interior accessories.

Suggested Improvements

headlight issues, tire pressure sensor, blind spots, and acceleration issues

Great car
By Sergei

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 12 months, 12K miles with my B9. Great car. This winter in Colorado was bad and I enjoyed driving. The car did very well on the snow and ice roads with manual shifting. I made a trip to Seattle (almost 3K miles, avg. speed about 75-80) plus there is my every day commute from home to work in Denver. The average mileage is 21 per gallon.

Favorite Features

Manual shifting, brakes, heated outside mirrors, size of tires.

Suggested Improvements

Rear A/C, 6 disk CD and full size spare tire should be standard for all models.

Nice Car
By Dave

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Tribeca for almost 1 year. I have really enjoyed driving the car and have had no problems with the car. The only reason to go back to the dealership was for regularly scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Interior roominess. Unique dashboard styling.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it used regular unleaded gas. The vehicle needs a little more bottom end.

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Review
By Max

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first Subaru. Fun ride. Comfortable as it can get. Strong body. Streamlined design. Bad fuel efficiency.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots need reworking. Needs more dash storage compartment. Needs backup sensors or camera. Needs a bigger gas tank or better fuel efficiency.