2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Nothing but a great ride
By Roy McGrew on 01/19/07 08:46 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our Tribeca just turned over 12,000 happy miles. It's truly a great car. Over the last 2,000 miles we have averaged 20.4 mpg. The state-of-the-art aluminum boxer engine is powerful and very smooth. It makes good horsepower, but being only 3.0 L, the torque is rather low for hauling a 4100-lb auto. This means it downshifts quite a bit under load. But hey, if you are on a road where it hunts, or you don't like where it shifts, you can hush up and shift it yourself. The "Sport shift mode" works great. Ride, handling, and braking are very good. We have the two-seat model and there is loads of room in the second seat. Styling is also a plus - it doesn't have the truck look.

Not so in love anymore
By lisa on 02/19/06 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Tribeca for 7 months and the bloom is off the rose. I have to open the drivers door and put the seat back so I can reach the gas opener which is hid underneath the seat. This is a problem because I am at the gas station twice a week! The bells ring for the seat belt if you put a gallon of milk on the seat. The drive is becoming stiffer (didn't know that was possible). Had a piece of the dashboard fall off and I dare anyone to find the hood open latch without the manual! I had much better luck with an Outback. Good news is it's a lease so the end is in sight. Just doesn't have the Subaru reliability you look for.

Subaru Tribeca
By anframm on 08/30/05 20:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Averaging slightly over 20 miles to the gallon in combo driving, brakes a little mushy, handling and ride exemplary (better than any others I have been in), good dealer experience, power is good (engine is adequate and power delivery is smooth) though another 25 to 30 lb/ft torque would not hurt.

Finally found the SUV of my dreams
By lisa on 07/15/05 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love it! I tested all the others and found this to be the most stylish, comfortable, fun SUV there is out there. I have the back up system that beeps if you get to close and a premuim sound package. It all just adds to my total enjoyment. I,m short and have no problems seeing out windows. Love that the backseat headrests are not in my view. I also got a great deal so Im happy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.