2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B9 Tribeca model:
Timing Chains break - No support from Subaru
By ob108 on 06/20/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This comment is dated, but I was looking for a recall notice. While your story is not a good one, here is one better. Less than 84000 miles on it when the timing chain fails. That cause the cam gear to fail and the dealer says they don't replace timing chains they replace motrs if they fail Scary I thought. I fix it and $2400 lighter it was running again only to find out that the main bearing was damaged and cannot be fixed. That's why the replace motors. You would think that Subaru would stand behind one of their most expensive models. Nope I am on my own. To them I thank them for eduacating me that I will never trust them again.

Disappointed
By MJ on 08/11/10 04:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Interior is so comfortable and it has all the bells and whistles. However, the performance is horrible. When attempting acceleration at any speed including highway entering the engine revs to almost 7000 rpm before it kicks in and sometimes I can have the pedal floored and it still doesn't accelerate. Like others mentioned there is a problem with the headlights and poor visibility. Also, blind spots are very dangerous, almost hit 2 cars. And tire pressure light has been an issue since day 1. Goes off for a day after filling tires and then starts flashing again. Had a 2005 Ford Escape with 170K miles, should have stuck with Ford.

Great car
By Sergei on 06/16/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 12 months, 12K miles with my B9. Great car. This winter in Colorado was bad and I enjoyed driving. The car did very well on the snow and ice roads with manual shifting. I made a trip to Seattle (almost 3K miles, avg. speed about 75-80) plus there is my every day commute from home to work in Denver. The average mileage is 21 per gallon.

Nice Car
By Dave on 08/09/06 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Tribeca for almost 1 year. I have really enjoyed driving the car and have had no problems with the car. The only reason to go back to the dealership was for regularly scheduled maintenance.

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Review
By Max on 08/07/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first Subaru. Fun ride. Comfortable as it can get. Strong body. Streamlined design. Bad fuel efficiency.

Best SUV Ever
By Joe Lopez on 06/03/06 23:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Tribeca. it's great that its not everywhere. People say "wow thats so beautiful, what is it?" I love it. First Subaru. Forever Subaru.

Great Features and Value!
By taris128 on 05/25/06 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife is a loyal Subaru customer, this B9 is her 3rd Subaru. The interior of this vehicle is superb. The standard features like power moonroof, AWD, curtain airbags, fog lights make it a great value. We really like the B9 styling, the exterior is very unique.

Was looking for a Subaru
By Stan on 01/29/06 22:49 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a Subaru because of the reliability, AWD, and performance. I saw the Tribeca in the showroom. I have seen one or two on the road before, but did not fancy the front so it did not come to mind when I was shopping for a car. I did not like the Impreza WRX, because it was a little too small, so I asked the dealer if I could test drive the Tribeca. Once I sat in the car, I fell in love. The console design is amazing. It drives and handles like an expensive luxury car. I was impressed by the safety reviews and the standard list of options that came with this car. So I ended up buying it and it's truly a remarkable vehicle.

great car
By Mary on 12/29/05 10:14 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Haven't had the car long but it is a pleasure to drive. Handles very nicely. Love the exterior design, but especially love the features and interior design.

B9 Divine
By Joe on 12/08/05 13:01 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a Tahoe for the B9. Runs well. Shifting is substandard since I live in hilly area.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.