Best of no world
By fazdaz on
2013 smart fortwo passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)
My first impression of this car was that it will be fuel efficient which I can now assure you that it is NOT. I had read reviews that this car isn't really efficeint so I convinced myself by telling myself that I'm buying a quality product. It has been six months and take my word on this. It's not efficient for it's class. It's a tiny car, with very little power, you would think it gives twice as much mileage as a car like Corolla but it gives same result at the gas station. I had a flat tire at 2000 miles from a tiny piece of metal and Roadside assistance took 5 hours to arrive in rural area near a smart center. Inefficient and uncomfortable. I don't know how I got fooled into this.
Favorite Features
You can park in small spaces.
Suggested Improvements
Needs a small rain sensor, better shocks so I don't feel every pothole in my spine. Better gas mileage. Less propreitary stuff - most places won't even touch this car and Mercedes uses that to their advantage to earn extra bucks for repairing what they didn't build well in the first place.
By jesuslover
on 09/02/13 20:31 PM (PDT)

It sounds like this guy was really mad about his flat tire service call, which wasn't the Smart for 2's fault or the dealers! You can almost feel his anger about the flat tire and then how he expresses it in his review. Maybe if the tire repair event had only taken 20 minutes, he would be saying how great his Smart for 2 really is! I've driven the Smart for 2 Passion coupe and it is really a well built little car. The automatic takes a little getting use to and the SMF2 seems to be a really up to date version of the old 60's and 70's VW Beetle. It only had 40 hp and no a/c. When you compare apples to apples you come out with a better view and appreciation of how the SMF2, drives, handles and the comfort that it provides over the old VW Bug! Please note: I have been a BMW, GM, Ford and Chrysler Service Director over my past years and have come across and had to deal with people that had little incidents fashion their beliefs about a product. I personally have had incidents that might have fashioned my thought and feelings about a product, but stepped back and really considered all the facts. I've had and raced all kids of high performance cars and if someone wants a high performance SMF2, look at the 200 plus hp Diablo SMF2's on U-Tube. It will out run a Ferrari. Again, we have to compare dogs to dogs and not Toy Poodles' performance to Greyhounds' performance! I hope the guy that had the bad flat tire service call has a better day and maybe even a better life!