2011 smart fortwo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific fortwo model:
Surprisingly fun!
By wallen2 on 12/11/11 13:09 PM (PST)

2011 smart fortwo Hatchback pure coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I don't own one of these, but I use Car2Go in Austin, which is a car sharing company that uses only Smart cars. I was so surprised how fun this thing is to drive, even out of the city and on the highway. For only 75hp, this thing really goes quickly. Great interior space as well. But Edmonds cons are spot on. That transmission is pretty harsh, and that break pedal is hard to get used to at first. It feels like it's not going to stop.

Another Daimler product
By iota78 on 02/10/11 15:27 PM (PST)

2011 smart fortwo Hatchback passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

The only reason I checked the smart car out was the fact that it is made/engineered by Daimler. I have had many Mercedes. still have a 1972 450SL and my current one is a 2009 R350 (yea, the spaceship) For a 75 HP engine it has what i would expect or more with regard to acceleration. The transmission shifting is a little different at first but then reminds you you didn't buy a race car but one that gets you where you want to go with some nice euro style creature comforts. I am 6'4" 270 pounds and easily got into the seat without any trouble due to the large doors. leg room is ample and the large windows are good to eliminate any chance of feeling claustrophobic.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 smart fortwo Hatchback in VA is:

$129 per month*