2010 smart fortwo passion
By AmsoilGuy on
2010 smart fortwo passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)
Had been researching this car for months and finally bought one. Shifting is not too bad. Did a lot of highway driving and my first top off yielded only 32 MPG. Hopefully the car just needs to be broken in. At 70 MPH, it's just like many people say, the wind rocks the car back and forth on a windy day. In the city, the car is a joy to drive. I love running errands around town in it. I love the ease of parking. This vehicle is not for everyone. Think of it like a motorcycle. It's great as an "extra" vehicle as it has no real utility. It is our 2nd vehicle. 95% of the time all you need to do is carry 1 person around. I don't need a 3500-4000 lb gas hog to do this. I love this car.
Favorite Features
Easy to park. Easy backing up. Easy turning around in small spaces. Easy to cut through tight empty traffic spots (my favorite!) Super cheap for me to use Amsoil as a one-year oil and filter as this car only needs a few quarts. Transmission is ultra cheap for me to maintain also with Amsoil 75W90.
Suggested Improvements
Would be nice to have a smoother shifting CVT transmission. A cover for the black seat railing where you slide back and forth. Other car makers don't leave that exposed and cover it with plastic. Would love to see 50-60 MPG instead of 32-40. Needs cruise control as an option. Very hot in summer.