2009 smart fortwo 1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Great City Commuter Car

2009 smart fortwo - Consumer Review

2009 smart fortwo passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual)

Great City Commuter Car
By Juniorswa on

2009 smart fortwo passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Have owned this car for a little while now and I have to say I love it! I'm averaging 35 mpg using automatic mode and a/c in city traffic. Insurance rates are low and the smart gets a lot of attention. The interior is very roomy and comfortable. Inside it feels like any other car. My last car was a Mazda Miata, so the interior is very comfortable and the ride is very quiet to me. The hatchback trunk is also really great! I too was initially afraid when I first purchased my smart, but this car really grows on you quickly. This is my first European car as I have only owned Japanese brands until now: Mazda, Toyota, and Honda. The Mercedes-Benz service at the dealer has been fantastic!

Favorite Features

Panoramic roof, outside temperature gauge, gas mileage, able to change color of car easily, safety features, alloy wheels, interior design, iPod hook up, easy to park, automatic air conditioning, hatchback/tailgate, paddle shifters, strong bright headlights, leather steering wheel and shift knob.

Suggested Improvements

Diesel engine option, cruise control, center arm rest (should be standard), tilt steering wheel, seat height adjustment, other leather color options besides black (red or beige perhaps?). Bose sound system option! (My old car had this and it's the one thing I REALLY miss!)