2009 smart fortwo Convertible Consumer Reviews 3

2009 smart fortwo Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific fortwo model:
81 yr. old Driver LOVES it!!
By Chris on 03/30/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2009 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

My 81 yr. old Mom & I bought this used with only 50 miles, so it was basically new. Original owner lived in the city & bought it for his 17 yr. old. After only a few weeks, she didn't feel safe driving it. We feel very safe. We live in a Rural area, & have driven on the Interstates. We LOVE it! As others have said, get use to having people wait outside in the parking lot to see who's driving it & asking questions. The first time driving, Mom got 2 thumbs up from guys working on the road. The automanual shifting is indeed there with the jerking motion, but after driving for awhile now, we hardly notice it anymore. Can't wait to put the top down. Love the heated seats.

WHEN ECONOMY MEETS FUN!
By jroadster on 03/30/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2009 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

This car is amazing, it is fun to drive. I feel very safe when I am in this car, also the acceleration is better than you think. The quality for a car of this price is EXCELLENT, it feels rock solid and has go-kart-like steering. I can do 60mph and turn hard, feels like BMW designed the steering. This car is put together well for it's price it does not feel cheap at all. It does not roll or tilt when driven hard, makes me feel good and excited to drive this baby!!!

Love my LadyBug
By Jacquiem on 03/07/09 06:07 AM (PST)

2009 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Just picked up my Cabriolet, after waiting a year. I love my new car, it is definitely a head turner, I have named her LadyBug, she is red with the black tridion. It is very comfortable and roomy in the inside, it keeps up with traffic on the highway, 65-70 feels pretty safe. I have not driven her in the snow yet, this will take some getting used to. Although I use the automatic driving option, you can feel the shifting, almost like a racing car. Can't wait for the good weather, so that her top can come off.

USA-Get smart
By Tom M on 02/02/09 15:31 PM (PST)

2009 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

It is about time the USA received the smart. Here are some things you should know though-the ride is bouncy at times and firm, the fuel economy isn't as good as you think, in most places you cant park it nose-in into spaces,& the acceleration isnt good. But there are alot of positives- driving it is as fun as driving a gokart, it is spacious on the inside, it feels fine at 70mph on the freeway,& the you feel that the whole world is looking at you. Everywhere I go, I get asked questions like "Is it safe?", or "Is that streetlegal?" but you get used to the attention. It is an eyecatcher and welcomed in the city, in the country, and it feels right everywhere.