2008 smart fortwo Consumer Review: smarty pants

2008 smart fortwo - Consumer Review

passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual)

smarty pants
By HGB on

2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Have waited for this car for many years and am delighted to finally own one. Ordering a car online prevented me from test driving it, yet I am enjoying it everytime I get into it. Still don't know if I needed power steering or not. So I got it with heated seats too. I strongly suggest not to save on some options as I did. Get the $895 package and factory alarm. It's the better option. Enjoy the cabriolet if your climate is favourable. Mileage is pretty good. Accept the fact that you need hi-test, yet it's only 7-8 gallons per refill. Transmission is quirky, yet it's still fun to drive. The clutch has a limited life apparently. I resent the fact that the extended warranty is so expensive!

Roomy passenger compartment. Every possible crevice used for storage. Instrument layout is ergonometric. My PASSION has a moon roof for off days. Electronic Stability Program gives me additional confidence when driving this little car in inclement weather. Other econoboxes don't even offer this.

Add a cruise control, yet it would probably not work with the weird transmission, besides it's a city car Sensitive to wind on highway when windows are shut. Radio model 9 disappoints by lacking needed functions such as speed sensitive volume. No RDS in USA model? Bad AM. Extended Warranty stinks!!