smarty pants
By HGB on
2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)
Have waited for this car for many years and am delighted to finally own one. Ordering a car online prevented me from test driving it, yet I am enjoying it everytime I get into it. Still don't know if I needed power steering or not. So I got it with heated seats too. I strongly suggest not to save on some options as I did. Get the $895 package and factory alarm. It's the better option. Enjoy the cabriolet if your climate is favourable. Mileage is pretty good. Accept the fact that you need hi-test, yet it's only 7-8 gallons per refill. Transmission is quirky, yet it's still fun to drive. The clutch has a limited life apparently. I resent the fact that the extended warranty is so expensive!
Favorite Features
Roomy passenger compartment. Every possible crevice used for storage. Instrument layout is ergonometric. My PASSION has a moon roof for off days. Electronic Stability Program gives me additional confidence when driving this little car in inclement weather. Other econoboxes don't even offer this.
Suggested Improvements
Add a cruise control, yet it would probably not work with the weird transmission, besides it's a city car Sensitive to wind on highway when windows are shut. Radio model 9 disappoints by lacking needed functions such as speed sensitive volume. No RDS in USA model? Bad AM. Extended Warranty stinks!!