Smart Passion - Better than expected
By trcboyd on
2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)
I originally purchased the smart car to resell. After the first week, not only did I decide not to sell it, but I'm gonna order a convertible for my wife. I have quick take offs & average driving speed is 75 mph. I get about 35 mpg in standard mode & 39 mpg in auto mode. The best I can obtain is 46.8 mpg. I'm impressed with the interior room, performance & features. I don't always like the attention. People ride too close & as a result, I'm afraid I'm gonna get a ticket for >85 mph trying to get away. It handles well, is a blast to drive and is a huge surprise to everyone who sits inside. I'm 6'0" & 200 Ibs with plenty of room to spare. I don't move seat all the way rearward. Love It!
Favorite Features
Bright Lights! The dim & fog lights stay on with brights. The auto lights & auto adjust windshield wipers are awesome. The ESP is much more advanced than expected for this price range. Electric windows, heated leather seats, moonroof, optional std or auto trans, storage space & fuel economy!
Suggested Improvements
Needs: Tilt, CRUISE CONTROL, driver armrest, little more acceleration ( 0- 60 in 12 sec ), rear speakers (Maybe on safety cell @ roof level, window & rear-view mirror adjust moved forward, oil drain plug & screw on oil filter, full service manual. Electrical adj lumbar seating . Cruise Control 4 sure.