Little Red SmartCar (driving in MN)
By Pappy704 on
2008 smart fortwo passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)
I had never touched a Smart before getting my little red convertible. I am 6' 4" and was concerned about fitting in a little car. I was extremely pleased with the tremendous amount of room in the cabin. My knees comfortably fit under the dash. My wife had to laugh once she got in. The ride with the top open is fantastic. I was amazed with the headroom with the top closed. The mileage has been terrific in town where I regularly get 41 mpg. I had to chuckle with my first fill up of 3 gallons after my 1st 130 miles. The car drives well on the highway and over distances. My foot got a little heavy on a highway and I opened it up to 95. It's a great commuter car and a ball on the weekends
Favorite Features
The powered top is terrific. I leave the side bars up if it looks like rain and run with the top down. I can raise the roof with a touch of a button. The paddle shifters are nice for those times that you are in traffic and don't want to use the brake, or when you just want to have some fun.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like the turbo-diesel or the micro- hybrid engines to become available. Add firmware to the dash to calculate fuel economy. A brighter back light for the dash for those sunny days. A flip up rear view mirror would help to see over the back when the top is down.