2008 smart fortwo Consumer Review: Ideal Key West Car!

2008 smart fortwo - Consumer Review

Ideal Key West Car!
By Tom Lavender on

2008 smart fortwo passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I have a very early 2008 Passion Cabrio. Really enjoy the car, but it's 150 miles to the dealer. Have had many driveability problems. It took Smart 2 1/2 years to figure what the backup problem was. I had cruise control installed, the dealer blamed the backup problem on the cruise. I had the cruise uninstalled still had the problem. I truly love the car but just don't understand Smarts logic as to marketing and service. I'm out of warranty and ready to trade cars Smart Weston acts like they don't want my car back. It is a wonderful car, would be even better if the dealer wasn't 150 miles away. They need better warranty and better service centers.

Size, easy parking, gas mileage is ok could be better for a car this size. Really fun to drive! Love the ability to put the top down or up while I'm driving.

Better dealer network, Information available to independent service shops. CRUISE CONTROL that is factory installed. Better designed Air Conditioning, you can't cool it down in south Florida with the current design. Redesign the transmission for a smoother shift, current one is very jerky!