Fun To drive With Some Compromise
By FoxMajik on
2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)
I was a Smart reservation holder from the day the reservation program opened. I've been anticipating buying my fortwo since 2006. I'm glad I followed through with the purchase because now I own a highly exclusive car with features normally only found in luxury cars. Those heated leather seats are great for days where you need a little warm comfort but don't want to kick on the heater. Negotiating lane changes and jumping in between cars when switching lanes is virtually effortless -- the engine packs plenty of power for a car that size at the cost of lower fuel economy and higher emissions than a car its size should have.
Favorite Features
Auto on/off windshield wipers and headlights, six speaker stereo, heated leather seats, manumatic transmission, power door locks and rear hatch.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission is much improved over the older Euro models but is still awkward at low speeds. The engine requires premium fuel so the savings in fuel economy is almost negated by the extra cost of premium gas. Sometimes people are afraid to ride with me.