Fun, but weak in power
By Xraypilot on
2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)
I have owned this for 2+ months, 2,300 miles. Take the reviews that are from new owners or "100 miles, just picked it up last week" with a grain of salt. It's a new car; of course they are going to love it. I am 6'4", #225. I have driven with a 6'6", #260 passenger. TONS of room. It has pep and we even climbed hills with it. You will not see acceleration records with it. But then again, it is not touted as a sports care. Contrary to what it was built for (city), I live in the country and really do like it. I have parked the Tahoe & use this for work: 30-50 mi round trip/day. Very comfortable for a little car. It gets you from pt A to pt B economically & relatively comfortably.
Favorite Features
Room: tons of it. Jack for iPod in glove box. GREAT handling in the snow: rear wheel drive, rear engine, traction control. Tight turning radius. Can park 2 end- end in garage.
Suggested Improvements
Cruise control will not work with this because of low powered engine and down shifting so much when needed on any hill: so don't listen to others. The shifter has locked up & is now in the shop to be replaced: common problem & a recall is coming out.