2008 smart fortwo Consumer Review: Can't be shy if you own a Smar

2008 smart fortwo - Consumer Review

2008 smart fortwo

passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual)

Can't be shy if you own a Smart Car
By Terry on

2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I awaited my Smart car with great anticipation. Ordered it online in late April of 2007 and took ownership May 1 2008. The room inside is amazing. This summer I drove all over Boston, usually 40-60 miles a day. I had a minimum of 5 full conversations with strangers about this cute little car. When in stop in go traffic I realized that using the car in manual provided a much smoother ride. I now prefer to drive that way and I find I get 10 more miles per gallon. Having the option of shifting on the stick or on the steering wheel is a great choice. Beware of potholes, railroad tracks and road work going over these too fast- scares the wits out of you. Easily driven at 70 mph with no problem.

The large heated seats, the rear storage area, the constant attention form total strangers. The option of auto or manual is great. I never drove a manual because of the clutch, with his car I don't have one. I love that. When I want to drink coffee or chat on my cell I leave it on automatic.

Would love cruise control-better rear viewing and a tilt steering wheel. The ride could be much more comfortable. Do not buy this car of you expect a smooth ride-you feel every bump but the gas mileage outweighs that disadvantage.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review