2008 smart fortwo Convertible - Consumer Reviews

passion cabrio 1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual - (58 reviews )
High SPM (Smiles per Mile)
By Classicalgman on 04/04/08 21:10 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Comfort, fun to drive and all the elements under the Design heading, I would really give an '11'!!! This car is really well thought out and well put together. Plenty of power to get onto highways and keep up with normal traffic at whatever speed. I have had a very new experience with it...buying a new car and after one month nothing broken or any mechanical failures. Once I got used to the 'manual' transmission, it is kinda fun to drive whether in auto-mode or paddle shifters or stick. I'm not really a convertible guy, but I'm having a super great time with it on this car. Surprise, surprise, it even has a trunk...amazing!

Love it, love it, love it!!
By Belva Hinthorn on 04/03/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I was driving a 99 Porsche Boxster that I loved but was willing to trade for something different while it still had value. My husband convinced me to drive a Smart and I loved it. Now we negotiate about who will drive it the next day based on time and miles to travel. It is much more comfortable than a Boxster and as much fun. It doesn't have the power but still has plenty of zip and is so unique in that it just makes people smile and wave.

25 dollars fills the tank
By walt on 04/02/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I rented one in Germany back in 96 and both my wife and I enjoy driving the car. We recently picked one up the Cabrios and are very happy with the car.

Bad Acceleration
By Niles on 03/30/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Great car for commuting, Good gas millage, low emissions. Love that you can just park sideways in a parallel parking spot. Transmission has problems from 1st to 2nd, takes time for it to kick over which can be a problem when trying to accelerate quickly.

Smart, well-engineered convertible
By Michael G-S on 03/25/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Pros: Attention-getting, economical, affordable (for a convertible) Cons: Weak warranty (but I hope I won't need it -- this is a Mercedes!) I challenge you to try to find a convertible so elegantly designed or better engineered than this. And for $16,590. You can open the top from a distance with your key (nice to cool off the vehicle before you get to it). The side rails come off and store in a special compartment in the rear designed just for them. This vehicle is put together with true attention to detail. Some whine about the transmission, but I'm used to driving a five-speek stick so this one doesn't bother me at all. In semi-auto mode just pretend it has a clutch and go!

This is the best car ever :)
By Tony Brancaleoni on 03/20/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

This is the best car ever. I have owned a lot of car but this is my favorite. everywhere I go I feel like a moviestar. the ride is awesome for a small car. I love the auto wipers and HID lights & heated Seats. and I can put the top down at any speed on the highway how cool is that :). driving around town my milage has been 38 worst (ethanol gas) 44 best (pure gas). highway is around 49 as long as you drive under 70 MPH I think I could get 50 MPG If I drove the speed limit :) I wish It had Cruise Control and the trans takes some getting used to. the subwoofer under the seat doesn't seem to work. my dealer will look at it when I bring it in for service.

My Smart Car
By My Smart on 02/03/08 13:32 PM (PST)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I have been waiting 11 months for this car and now that I have it and have driven in the highway for 125 miles, I know I made the right choice. Not only is it fun to drive, it's cheap to drive. I did invest in a LOJACK since the vehicle only weighs 1800 lbs - you can actually pick it up with ease, of course not by yourself but with some help you can I am sure (lol). We like so much we have a second car on order.

Smart
By Ativan on 01/24/08 05:07 AM (PST)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

It is time to reduce America's carbon footprint. This is the first import I have purchased. Unfortunately, the domestic companies do not get how to make small cars. The smart is fun to drive. Surprisingly peppy. Extremely easy to park. They have made use of all of the very limited space available. When inside, you feel like you are in a much larger car. The fit and finish is spetacular for a car that is only price in the teens. I am 6'2" and have plenty of room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.