2008 smart fortwo Consumer Review: 40,000 miles and still no prob

2008 smart fortwo - Consumer Review

passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual)

40,000 miles and still no problems
By Rome Addict on

2008 smart fortwo passion 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I'll admit it. I have loved these cars since I first saw them in Italy in 1998. When they FINALLY came to the USA I'd been on a waiting list for 18 months. My actual mileage experience with crappy "boutique" Phoenix gas is 45 - 48 mpg highway, 41 combined and 35 city. I don't know where Edmunds gets its 37 mpg? I beat the crap out of this car and it performs like a trooper. Drove it cross country, drive it 75 miles per day city/highway. I am personally gunning for 250,000 miles before I sell it. Would not recommend the sun roof for AZ. Downgraded comfort to 9 because AC can't keep up in AZ. Anyplace else would probably be fine.

Zippy!! Yes, Zippy!! just learn how to drive!! Drive them like the italians!! Cute, cuter, cutest. Cabin room. Hubby and I are big people and we are comfortable driving 8-10 hours a day together. Good tie down in back for dog harness.

seat belts rub me wrong. I HATE that the radio turns on when you turn the ignition. DIESEL. I'd love to get the 70 mpg europeans get with their diesel smart cars.