2008 smart fortwo Convertible - Consumer Reviews

passion cabrio 1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual - (58 reviews )
The Killer Bee - My smart car and Me!
By PegMcC54 on 07/22/08 09:55 AM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I reserved a smart car as soon as I heard that they would be imported (and after a little research.) I love this little buzzing bee! I fold down my passenger seat for my service dog, a golden retriever and still have plenty of room to carry dog food and groceries! People will gather round where ever we go. Even have folks track along side to ask questions at stop lights and such. The local TV station WTOV9 Wheeling/Stuebenville ran a piece on it. They were driving by, spotted it in front of the house (I live right on old Route 40/ National Road) banged on my door and asked for a demo and interview. I love to wave at the gas stations as I buzz by. Maybe next week, fellas!

Lover My Smart42
By ron on 07/09/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Love the car and the way it handles in city and highway driving. It's fun and economical. The transmission takes a couple of drives to get use to how it shifts and the feel of the pedal, but once you drive it a little, it responds just fine.

Convertible
By av8rpvt on 07/08/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Awesome! Love the reactions, fell in love with the car in Europe, visited a dealer in Rome in 2006 and tried to get one to the USA. Dealer said coming in 2008. I've been waiting breathlessly since 2006 to get this car. Worth the wait!

Debi's Little Blue
By Debi's Freddy on 07/07/08 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I have a big MB GL 550 that uses a lot of fuel. I bought this for fuel savings and how awesome it is to drive. Yes it is small on the outside but my sons friend Jose is 6'1 and stretched out his legs in the passenger seat. Be prepared for a lot of stares and people stopping you to ask questions. How fun!! Debi

Perfect for the Beach
By neptune2000 on 07/01/08 22:47 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I'm in line for another cabriolet, but the wait is now 18 months, so I found one in Sherman Oaks, CA. With only 2000 miles on it an no dings at all. It was just like brand new. I traded in a Ford Explorer. I have owned Ferraris and this car is as much fun (different kind of fun). I tried it on beach streets (Manhattan Beach), freeways (LA to Orange, 405, 5, 55) and it handles great. I am glad I got the Cabrio, it is great at the beach.

I love this car!
By maxelle on 06/30/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I got my car 2 weeks ago and have loved every minute of it. I've wanted a Smart for over a year and was so excited to finally get one. It is a lot of fun to drive around town. I am 6' and have plenty of room. The interior is beautiful. I feel like I'm in a $60,000 car. Mine is fully loaded and everything appears to be made with quality products. I highly recommend this car if you have the patience to wait for it.

Smart review
By mvukovich on 06/28/08 04:47 AM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Gas is great after 1500 miles on the car gas mileage went from low 40's to low 50's. Love the paddle shifter on the country roads.

Love my Smart Car
By Trace1979 on 06/26/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I love my Smart Car. I have had mine for 3 months now and my husband just picked up his Smart Car 3 weeks ago. We love them !

my smart
By Ralph on 06/18/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I just love this car. It is fun to drive and everybody loves it.

Smiling in my Smart
By Smart in Naples on 06/12/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Although we had some reservations about buying a Smart car, now that we have owned it for 3 months there are no regrets. It is fun to drive, comfortable for two large people, and provides a reason for all of those who see it on the road a reason to smile. We can fit groceries for a week for two in the back compartment, as long as it isn't a Costco trip with large bundles of paper and cleaning supplies. The gas mileage is OK, 33-38 mpg with mostly in town driving, but it is so much fun to drive and pass the big land yachts that are so prevalent in Naples Florida.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.