2008 smart fortwo Convertible - Consumer Reviews

passion cabrio 1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual - (58 reviews )
The Start of Smart
By Kliegmite on 10/01/08 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I first saw Smart in Rome. I was convinced that it would be hot in America. Now that I own the 'Americanized' version, it is clear - this car will be Hot in the USA. Solid, Reliable, Convenient, comfortable, practical, attractive, interesting, and it keeps up with the rest in a respectable way. Smart is here. Finally. A truly innovative car in the US market. Once it starts marketing to the young crowd - look out. It's the next fad. Beyond the VW.

Weekend transportation
By cablvr on 09/22/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

It has been almost 2 weeks since I picked up the beast. Got about 42 MPG on the 1st tank, while showing a drop for the 2nd tank. Semi-auto tranny is somewhat abrupt. Engine is a bit noisy. Great highway stability at 50-65 MPH - did not feel any drift. Lots of questions about the make (manufacturer) from curiosity seekers. Wish I had handfuls of brochures to use as promotional tools.

Teeny Tiny, just my size
By ~T~ on 09/22/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I love my Smart Cabrio. I even get the "motor cycle" wave from passing cycles, Can you believe it? It handles well, the steering is tight and responsive. It is peppy, even going up hill with the AC on at full blast. I couldn't even get do that in my Jeep(V6) w/o some form of hesitation.My Mom calls it a "guy magnet" everywhere I go, they want to talk about the car.

Big Fun - Micro Car
By shawna on 08/27/08 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

This car handles well at any speed. Minimal noise and sturdy drive. Due to the lighter weight of this car, you may feel the wind during a VERY windy stormy day, but not while passing semi's. Feels like an average size car, taller than most sedans. Plenty of power and fun to drive. And get ready to make some friends at every stop light and gas station, I picked up SmartCar brochures to hand out! I always have enough room in the trunk area for grocery shopping.

Best car I ever had.
By DAVID WAYNE on 08/26/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

You will not believe how this car gets better as you drive it. I now have 3,500 miles and it drives better, faster and gas is 47.5 per gallon in town and no problems with anything. Very comfortable on the road and roomy inside. Gear shifting in manual is flawless. I love this car!

Little Red SmartCar (driving in MN)
By Pappy704 on 08/26/08 06:15 AM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I had never touched a Smart before getting my little red convertible. I am 6' 4" and was concerned about fitting in a little car. I was extremely pleased with the tremendous amount of room in the cabin. My knees comfortably fit under the dash. My wife had to laugh once she got in. The ride with the top open is fantastic. I was amazed with the headroom with the top closed. The mileage has been terrific in town where I regularly get 41 mpg. I had to chuckle with my first fill up of 3 gallons after my 1st 130 miles. The car drives well on the highway and over distances. My foot got a little heavy on a highway and I opened it up to 95. It's a great commuter car and a ball on the weekends

A little EU in MN
By GWE on 08/13/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

After seeing the Smart in Europe for years, I was pleased when mine came (as an orphan car). I have never experienced less than 40 MPG in city and freeway driving. Poor Mileage. The upright seating is remarkable. Tested a Honda Fit, the seating was low and uncomfortable. Although not a high performance machine, it's very peppy even at freeway speeds. I was surprised at the space behind the seats with the two-way opening rear door lets you put even tall things in upright. Electric top is great, with windows up it has minimal wind whipping around. Very fun to drive. Can go anywhere without people with questions, one person followed me home to ask about it. (yes it was annoying)

Fun for 2
By Dagmar A on 08/09/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

We have just got the fun car 10 days ago and a lot of heads turned. We park the car in the drive way and strangers came up to us and wanted to see the car so we showed them the fun car and let them sit in it and they were all surprised how big it is inside and the seats are comfortable they like the color ( red and black trim). When you take the fun car anywhere be ready for extra time because people want to know everything about it. I love to drive it and my husband does to. I think everyone should test drive one. Thanks dagmar

Great City Car
By ekaJ on 08/04/08 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

This car is a great city car parking in place where other drivers wouldn't dream of parking. It is fun to drive and drives great in the city. It isn't as much fun on the highway. It may look small but you forget that you are in a car that small when you are sitting in it. Overall the car is great.

Brilliant design and practicality!
By david wayne on 07/25/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 smart fortwo Convertible passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Drives great on the highway. Gas economy and driving capacity is under rated on car reviews. Averaging 44 mpg in town and speeds up when needed for highway traffic. Comfortable and luxurious inside and much more space than I expected for storage. Brilliant and well thought out design. Love that I will never get a dent on the plastic panels too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.