2012 Scion xD Consumer Review: Happy Times with My XD.

2012 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Review

Happy Times with My XD.
By oceanskyd on

2012 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My great little XD now has 14,000 miles. The factory tires became very noisy, so I replaced them early on with 215/55/16 size. I couldn't ask for a better ride. The engine and transmission are more than adequate around town, and cruising on the freeway is a joy. The Corolla sourced powertrain means a carefree 200K plus miles. I should know, I traded in a Corolla that had 215,000 miles on it; started every morning without fail, and did not burn oil. I love my XD. The look is unique, the driving experience is fun.

Exterior style, high seating position, powertrain, handling (with 215/55/16 tires). A/C cools very well. Most of the switch gear is smooth, and feels quality. My fuel economy is 28 mpg city, and 35 highway. This is just a great little car to drive everyday, for many, many years to come.

Turning radius is way to big for a small car, HVAC control knobs do not have a smooth quality feel.