2012 Scion xD Consumer Review: Happy Times with My XD.

2012 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Review

2012 Scion xD Hatchback

Happy Times with My XD.
By oceanskyd on

2012 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My great little XD now has 14,000 miles. The factory tires became very noisy, so I replaced them early on with 215/55/16 size. I couldn't ask for a better ride. The engine and transmission are more than adequate around town, and cruising on the freeway is a joy. The Corolla sourced powertrain means a carefree 200K plus miles. I should know, I traded in a Corolla that had 215,000 miles on it; started every morning without fail, and did not burn oil. I love my XD. The look is unique, the driving experience is fun.

**UPDATE 06/02/2016**
Unfortunately the XD was chopped from the Scion lineup, so it will never have the chance to get much needed safety features like a backup camera, blind-spot monitors, and cross traffic alert. After driving another vehicle that had the mentioned safety features, I just cannot live without them. I am selling the XD, and I will buy a 2016 Mazda3 iTouring hatchback, because all the safety features are standard.

The XD was reliable (though it did have premature brake wear), and fuel economy is good.

The negatives are: Huge turning radius, blind spots to the side and back, not enough safety features, hard plastics abound, and road noise.

• Climate control

• Outward visibility
  • Active safety
  • Parking aids
  • Navigation

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review