Nice Little Car
By paul_blood on
2011 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I have only owned my little xD for two months and 1500 miles so this isnt a long term review. The car has plenty of power and handles well for its price range. I am averaging 30 mpg driving about 40% city, 60% hwy. I love pulling up at the gas pump, asking for $10 and watching the fuel gauge go up 1/3rd of a tank.
Favorite Features
The fuel mileage! Traded a mini van in for this car and I really enjoy the 30 mpg. Build quality. The seats, doors, and plastics just feel nicely built-designed.
Suggested Improvements
A less complicated stereo. I had to read the manual to figure out how to fade the speakers. More visibility to the rear. You cant see anything behind you. Adjustable drivers seat height. My wife's 2010 Focus does. Surprised the Xd doesnt. Four wheel disc brakes. Drum brakes on a 2011 car seems insane. Feature like Sync on our Ford. Toyota needs to offer something similar.
By jimbob_seeker
on 05/02/11 16:57 PM (PDT)

Thanks for a very intelligently written review. Regards, JimBob

By orbit9090
on 10/31/11 05:04 AM (PDT)

Thanks for the review...but some of it is confounding. Who are you asking to give you ten dollars to buy gas? Why not just swipe your card at the pump? And why would you only fill a gas tank one-third of its capacity? Is there a problem with filling the xD's tank all the way? Does it spill over? When my tank gets very near empty and it is time to stop to fill-up on gas, I just swipe my card and fill the tank. No drama.